My husband and I stayed 6 nights at the Hilton. The hotel is situated in a quiet neighbourhood (near Vondelpark) little out of the busy core area, but easily reached by a very efficient tram nearby. The hotel has bikes should you be inclined. We found numerous decent restaurants in walking distance of the hotel.
Although on the small size, our room was quite comfortable with a modern, clean bathroom. The view of the city (on the canal side) is quite exquisite. The pillow and soap menus were a nice touch, as well as the turn down service. The buffet breakfast was a treat. The staff was very pleasant and always helpful.
On the negative side internet is rather expensive at 27Euro/day. But easily available at other locations for the price of a coffee.
Overall, we would happily return and certainly recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Hilton Amsterdam hotel, famous for John Lennon and Yoko Ono's 1969 'bed-in for peace.' An ideal base for exploring the city, this Amsterdam, Netherlands hotel boasts easy access to some of the most exclusive shopping streets, traditional cafes and famous local attractions. Take advantage of the hotel's proximity to Amsterdam's main business district. Host your conference or executive meeting in one of 21 versatile meeting rooms and relax while professional planners take care of the details. Stay productive with modern equipment in the business center and enjoy WiFi throughout the hotel. Unwind in a spacious and contemporary guest room or upgrade to an Executive room and enjoy exclusive access to the stylish Executive Lounge, offering complimentary refreshments and a 360-degree view across Amsterdam's spectacular skyline. Relax with a massage in this Amsterdam hotel's health club featuring a sauna, steam room, whirlpool, and solarium. Re-energize in the fitness center with the latest modern equipment. Admire stunning views of Amsterdam's renowned canals and unwind with a local beer in Half Moon Lounge, with style based on designs by Ralph Lauren. Enjoy elegance and experience while dining on innovative Italian cuisine in the award-winning Roberto's Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Hilton International Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Hilton International