No queue at check-in. Always good for me after a long journey. Having my details already printed on the registration form - good. Being asked if I need the free internet codes - good. Access to the Executive Lounge - always very nice (primarily for the free beer, I'm sorry to say). About one minute from start to finish for the whole check-in process - works every time.
A nice big room on the 8th floor - everything as it should be, modern, attractive, clean. The same in the bathroom.
Dinner in Roberto's restaurant - again, excellent throughout. Very polite and friendly staff, good value set menu which didn't seem to stint on quality or portion size.
I opted (as I normally do, when I can) for express checkout, request the final invoice to be sent to my email address. This arrived while I was in my taxi to the office. Why then, does it take the Hilton Metropole over a week (if I'm lucky) to do the same?
Overall - a flawless night's stay, which I enjoyed very much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Hilton Amsterdam hotel, famous for John Lennon and Yoko Ono's 1969 'bed-in for peace.' An ideal base for exploring the city, this Amsterdam, Netherlands hotel boasts easy access to some of the most exclusive shopping streets, traditional cafes and famous local attractions. Take advantage of the hotel's proximity to Amsterdam's main business district. Host your conference or executive meeting in one of 21 versatile meeting rooms and relax while professional planners take care of the details. Stay productive with modern equipment in the business center and enjoy WiFi throughout the hotel. Unwind in a spacious and contemporary guest room or upgrade to an Executive room and enjoy exclusive access to the stylish Executive Lounge, offering complimentary refreshments and a 360-degree view across Amsterdam's spectacular skyline. Relax with a massage in this Amsterdam hotel's health club featuring a sauna, steam room, whirlpool, and solarium. Re-energize in the fitness center with the latest modern equipment. Admire stunning views of Amsterdam's renowned canals and unwind with a local beer in Half Moon Lounge, with style based on designs by Ralph Lauren. Enjoy elegance and experience while dining on innovative Italian cuisine in the award-winning Roberto's Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Hilton Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Hilton International Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Hilton International