We decided to take a small break to celebrate our 9th wedding anniversary. Hilton Amsterdam seemed to be the good choice..Turns out it was a EXCELLENT choice. Never been to the city before and I was a little hesitant to stay in a hotel that was not in the city centre. No worries though, the trams were located behind the hotel and was a direct line to the centre. The hotel also sell I AM AMSTERDAM cards which includes free trams rides and museums. Its a great location to walk around and enjoy some local fare..Great little resturants in the area. As we arrived, it was rainy and a bit chilly. The front doorman greeted me with a smile and took my luggage and escort us to the front desk. As we are GOLD members of Hilton we normally get upgraded to the next available room. To our surprise, a suite was given to us with a view of the back which included a view of the canal. As a special treat a bottle of champagne and a small cake was waiting for us as well.. The little touches makes all the difference. The concierge, Gio, was incredibly accommodating and very knowledgable. He went to lengths to help us when the need was to be arised. The executive lounge,located on top, was a picture perfect 270 degree setting for pre-drinks and snacks. The service from in house restaurants to the housekeeping was excellent. The only WORST part of this stay, there was there a HUGE NOISEY PARTY outside. We were staying on the 8th floor and still heard the BEAT BEAT BEAT of the music. The staff was very apologetic but did not help to ease my discomfort for the day. I would highly recommend this HILTON but make sure there isn't a LOUD PARTY going on during your stay.
One more thing, unfortunately the champagne store was closed due to staff holiday ?? Im sorry but for a large hotel in the most famous cities, you really should have staff to cover staff holidays..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Hilton Amsterdam hotel, famous for John Lennon and Yoko Ono's 1969 'bed-in for peace.' An ideal base for exploring the city, this Amsterdam, Netherlands hotel boasts easy access to some of the most exclusive shopping streets, traditional cafes and famous local attractions. Take advantage of the hotel's proximity to Amsterdam's main business district. Host your conference or executive meeting in one of 21 versatile meeting rooms and relax while professional planners take care of the details. Stay productive with modern equipment in the business center and enjoy WiFi throughout the hotel. Unwind in a spacious and contemporary guest room or upgrade to an Executive room and enjoy exclusive access to the stylish Executive Lounge, offering complimentary refreshments and a 360-degree view across Amsterdam's spectacular skyline. Relax with a massage in this Amsterdam hotel's health club featuring a sauna, steam room, whirlpool, and solarium. Re-energize in the fitness center with the latest modern equipment. Admire stunning views of Amsterdam's renowned canals and unwind with a local beer in Half Moon Lounge, with style based on designs by Ralph Lauren. Enjoy elegance and experience while dining on innovative Italian cuisine in the award-winning Roberto's Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Priceline, TravelUp, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Hilton Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Hilton International Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Hilton International