Things I liked:
Friendly, helpful staff;
A bit out of the city (but not too far), so no noisy drunks;
Just a short walk to a tram stop into the city (the hotel sells tickets at a slight mark up - but don't bother as you can buy tickets on the tram)
The hotel rents bicycles at reasonable rates
Things I didn't like so much:
Breakfast ridiculously priced - so we self-catered, but..;
The fridge is full of junk food and drinks and if you move them to make space for your stuff, it racks up on your bill. The hotel was good about correcting this, but its a darned nuisance - feels like the hotel is more interested in $$ than the convenience of guests.
The decor in our room was tired and dated.
Wireless internet in the rooms is charged at extortionate rates. I still can't believe there are places that do this. Wireless in the foyer is free.
Overall, it's an adequate hotel, but not quite the style one normally associates with the Hilton brand name. This seems to have escaped management, who try a bit of the price gouging one more usually associates with classier places.
John Lennon fans can go to the 9th floor and gawk at the door of the Presidential suite (902) where he had his bed-in with Yoko Ono in 1969.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Hilton Amsterdam hotel, famous for John Lennon and Yoko Ono's 1969 'bed-in for peace.' An ideal base for exploring the city, this Amsterdam, Netherlands hotel boasts easy access to some of the most exclusive shopping streets, traditional cafes and famous local attractions. Take advantage of the hotel's proximity to Amsterdam's main business district. Host your conference or executive meeting in one of 21 versatile meeting rooms and relax while professional planners take care of the details. Stay productive with modern equipment in the business center and enjoy WiFi throughout the hotel. Unwind in a spacious and contemporary guest room or upgrade to an Executive room and enjoy exclusive access to the stylish Executive Lounge, offering complimentary refreshments and a 360-degree view across Amsterdam's spectacular skyline. Relax with a massage in this Amsterdam hotel's health club featuring a sauna, steam room, whirlpool, and solarium. Re-energize in the fitness center with the latest modern equipment. Admire stunning views of Amsterdam's renowned canals and unwind with a local beer in Half Moon Lounge, with style based on designs by Ralph Lauren. Enjoy elegance and experience while dining on innovative Italian cuisine in the award-winning Roberto's Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, Expedia, TravelUp, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your Hilton Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Hilton International Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Hilton International