I stayed in this hotel for two nights as part of my relocation package to the Netherlands, prior to moving into my apartment. I chose the Hilton as it was in the area I wanted to live in as an expat (South) and I had visited once before.
This time the hotel disappointed me. It was very noisy the first night with drunk people arriving back at 1am and shouting. The walls seemed paper thin. The hotel charges 25 euros per day for wifi, which did not work well and certainly not well enough to stream anything.
On the second morning I decided to use the gym. There is an additional charge of 15 euros for each visit. The running machine kept cutting out after 1 minute, so I asked the staff to verify I was using it correctly (which I was). I tried a second machine, which also didn't work properly. At that point I gave up.
After two days I asked my company to move me to a different hotel as I was fed up and felt it was not good value. I had a great time at the Movenpick for the remainder of my time staying in hotels, prior to moving into my own place.
I can't comment on the food / beverages as I did not eat there (and breakfast was not included in my rate).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Hilton Amsterdam hotel, famous for John Lennon and Yoko Ono's 1969 'bed-in for peace.' An ideal base for exploring the city, this Amsterdam, Netherlands hotel boasts easy access to some of the most exclusive shopping streets, traditional cafes and famous local attractions. Take advantage of the hotel's proximity to Amsterdam's main business district. Host your conference or executive meeting in one of 21 versatile meeting rooms and relax while professional planners take care of the details. Stay productive with modern equipment in the business center and enjoy WiFi throughout the hotel. Unwind in a spacious and contemporary guest room or upgrade to an Executive room and enjoy exclusive access to the stylish Executive Lounge, offering complimentary refreshments and a 360-degree view across Amsterdam's spectacular skyline. Relax with a massage in this Amsterdam hotel's health club featuring a sauna, steam room, whirlpool, and solarium. Re-energize in the fitness center with the latest modern equipment. Admire stunning views of Amsterdam's renowned canals and unwind with a local beer in Half Moon Lounge, with style based on designs by Ralph Lauren. Enjoy elegance and experience while dining on innovative Italian cuisine in the award-winning Roberto's Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Hilton Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Hilton International Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Hilton International