This was our first visit to the Hilton, and our overall impression was that all the employees, no matter whether they were the Hotel Manager or Housekeeping staff, Restaurant team or Concierge, couldn’t do enough to ensure that our time in the hotel met the exacting standards for which this particular chain is so proud.
We realise that every company, whether a hotel or other commercial organisation, will make mistakes from time to time, but what is vitally important is how those mistakes are recognised and then rectified. It was reassuring to see that despite the corporate branding, that when we brought some issues to the attention of Alessio Colavecchio (Hotel Manager) and Sara Facheris (Front Desk Manager), that they did not lose sight of the fact that the personal touch is still crucial to the operation and that a very satisfactory resolution was found.
The icing on the cake was when they discovered that it was our Wedding Anniversary, and then went the extra mile which was a total and very pleasant surprise to us.
Although the hotel is located about a 20 minute tram ride away (route 16 on the Emmastraat stop) from the station, it felt more relaxing to be away from the relative bustle of the city centre (although we feel that Amsterdam could never be described as bustling when compared with Paris or London!).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Hilton Amsterdam hotel, famous for John Lennon and Yoko Ono's 1969 'bed-in for peace.' An ideal base for exploring the city, this Amsterdam, Netherlands hotel boasts easy access to some of the most exclusive shopping streets, traditional cafes and famous local attractions. Take advantage of the hotel's proximity to Amsterdam's main business district. Host your conference or executive meeting in one of 21 versatile meeting rooms and relax while professional planners take care of the details. Stay productive with modern equipment in the business center and enjoy WiFi throughout the hotel. Unwind in a spacious and contemporary guest room or upgrade to an Executive room and enjoy exclusive access to the stylish Executive Lounge, offering complimentary refreshments and a 360-degree view across Amsterdam's spectacular skyline. Relax with a massage in this Amsterdam hotel's health club featuring a sauna, steam room, whirlpool, and solarium. Re-energize in the fitness center with the latest modern equipment. Admire stunning views of Amsterdam's renowned canals and unwind with a local beer in Half Moon Lounge, with style based on designs by Ralph Lauren. Enjoy elegance and experience while dining on innovative Italian cuisine in the award-winning Roberto's Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, TravelUp, Priceline, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Hilton Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Hilton International Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Hilton International