Hilton Amsterdam
US$163
US$154
Hotels.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel The Exchange(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$237
US$189
Agoda.com
XO Hotels Couture(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$142
Lloyd Hotel(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$107
  • Restaurant
Mercure Hotel Amsterdam City(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$153
  • Restaurant
WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$258
US$153
  • Pool
XO Hotels Park West(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$131
Volkshotel(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$114
3,164 results
All reviewsthe executive loungejohn lennonhalf moon loungediamond memberonocanal viewcity centreresidential areaminute walkquiet locationjunior suitetop floorwonderful hotelvan gogh museumtram stopmuseum quarterpublic transport
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Our family stayed here over the Easter weekend and left with very mixed feelings about this hotel.

It is nice to stay somewhere a bit out of the Centre but close enough to walk where you want to go or jump on a tram. It is certainly a quieter location with some pretty views. The staff were lovely to the kids and they enjoyed their chocolate eggs!

But our adjoining rooms felt a bit tired and the beds were possibly the most uncomfortable we have ever had the misfortune to sleep on. They were like camp beds. Breakfast was always a bit manic and there was never enough fresh fruit. We ate in the restaurant one evening and were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food and wine.

So a bit of a mixed bag for us.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lisa S
AlessioColavecchio, Manager at Hilton Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Lisa S,

Thank you for your nice words and fantastic feedback about Hilton Amsterdam.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. The hotel is located near all facilities you might need. Tram line 16, which departs behind the hotel, takes you right into the City centre. Tickets can be purchased in the tram. Please ensure you carry some change. If you plan to travel for more than an hour I would advise to purchase a 24H ticket at our concierge desk. I have thanked the team personally for the effort they have taken to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Your feedback regarding the bed and the breakfast helps us to constantly improve our services and facilities. The team of Roberto’s restaurant was delighted to hear that you enjoyed our “Pura Cucina Italiana”.

I hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Hotel manager

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed in this hotel for two nights as part of my relocation package to the Netherlands, prior to moving into my apartment. I chose the Hilton as it was in the area I wanted to live in as an expat (South) and I had visited once before.

This time the hotel disappointed me. It was very noisy the first night with drunk people arriving back at 1am and shouting. The walls seemed paper thin. The hotel charges 25 euros per day for wifi, which did not work well and certainly not well enough to stream anything.

On the second morning I decided to use the gym. There is an additional charge of 15 euros for each visit. The running machine kept cutting out after 1 minute, so I asked the staff to verify I was using it correctly (which I was). I tried a second machine, which also didn't work properly. At that point I gave up.

After two days I asked my company to move me to a different hotel as I was fed up and felt it was not good value. I had a great time at the Movenpick for the remainder of my time staying in hotels, prior to moving into my own place.

I can't comment on the food / beverages as I did not eat there (and breakfast was not included in my rate).

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank woganmog

Dear Woganmog,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I am sorry to hear that your expectations were not fully met during your stay. I have followed up with the Personal Health Club; please accept my sincere apologies. Thanks to your feedback we have been able to identify and solve the issue. I have personally made note of your comments regarding the Wi-Fi. Internet is complimentary in all of our public areas including the restaurant and bar. Please feel free to contact me personally for any questions you may have.

I hope to get the chance to welcome you again.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

The Hilton was a wonderful place to stay and I would highly recommend it. Nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff. The rooms were lovely and a canal view was a real bonus.
This hotel is easy to access from the airport cups train and tram, and valise enough to the city centre, without being located right at the heart. Thank you to everyone who made our stay special.

Room Tip: A canal view is worth the extra.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Katie L,

Thank you for your review about Hilton Amsterdam.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your recommendation means a lot to us and for that I want to thank you. The easy accessibility of our hotel is one of the strong points. Tram line 5, 24, and 16 depart just behind the hotel and take you directly in to the city centre. I have personally thanked the team for their efforts!

I hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Was completely blown away by this hotel, its grounds and the staff and service during my stay!

The hotel is absolutely beautiful on the inside, there are beautiful bars that look out onto the canals, and it is very grande. We got upgraded into deluxe rooms with views which were spacious and had a beautiful view. i loved waking up every morning and just staring out the window.

What really made this trip special was the staff. The lovely man at the concierge desk helped my friends and i plan our whole stay while in Amsterdam and gave us so many tips and tricks to help with all the museums and transport. Everyday he would greet us as we came back and asked us how our day was and how the museums were that we planned to go to that day, i loved that he took the time to remember us and our plans.

The lovely host at breakfast was also very lovely! the whole breakfast experience was excellent! it is a beautiful restaurant with a fireplace which was so nice to sit by in the early morning. Every day she would sit us at the same table right near the fire place and even remembered my coffee order which she created special for me. I wanted to have a mocha, not sure if they actually make these in Europe as not many people knew what they were. I think they created this delicious drink that had nutella in it. it was fantastic!
The waffles on the buffet were even better than the waffles i got in belgium!

Overall i was just can't possibly describe in words how happy i was with this Hilton. Definitely the best hilton i have ever stayed in throughout Europe.
I hope that i can stay here again in the future

Room Tip: Room with a view, will just make your day
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
AlessioColavecchio, Manager at Hilton Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Dear Parismeow,

Thank you for your very detail and wonderful review about Hilton Amsterdam!

It fills me with pride to hear how you have experienced your stay. I have personally informed the team about your lovely comments and they were more than happy to hear that their hard work is recognized. At Hilton Amsterdam we create a home away from home and I am glad that our hotel satisfied you. The view and location of our hotel are one of our unique points. You are able to see the whole city of Amsterdam and visit many attractions within walking distance. Thank you once again for your amazing review!

I hope to welcome you again in the near future and wish you all the best.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

We stayed in the Amsterdam Hilton for 3 nights and had a fabulous experience. Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful but Sofia and her team in the bar and outdoor patio deserve a special commendation. They provided us with consistently good service and food and made our stay at the Hilton a memorable and happy one. Well done Sophia and thank you for sharing you beautiful city with us.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side look out on the canal
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jewel S
AlessioColavecchio, Manager at Hilton Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Jewel S,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review of Hilton Amsterdam.

I have personally thanked Sofia and her team for the special comments regarding their service. They are very happy to hear that their hard work is acknowledged. Indeed our Garden Terrace provides stunning view over the canal and the garden. I hope that you will return soon and see all that the City of Amsterdam has to offer. Our concierge is more than happy to provide you with all the information you would require.