When reviewing a hotel I believe its all a function of value for money. Basically if I paid 50 euro for a 5 star hotel, I would be left with nothing to complain about, no matter what happened, as it reflects the price paid. On the other hand if I pay 1000 euro a night, the slightest infraction would earn the hotel a bad review, as it would not be what I expect from a top notch hotel.
Hilton Amsterdam is a decent hotel, which is located in a quite upscale part of Amsterdam.
Its an impressive building which aside from the hotel serves many functions, as in ballrooms and restaurants etc.
They advertise the hotel as a 5 star hotel, which in my opinion is highly overrated.
The staff are truly excellent and the lobby though it isn't opulent in any way it still can fit with its 5 star description.
However this is were the buck stops!
The rooms leave a lot to be desired of. Its very apparent that the décor has not changed in quite some time. although there is plenty of wood in the décor, giving it a better class look, still the rooms are a bit dreary, and in no way luxurious. Also the size of the room is not very impressive at all, although it cannot be considered tiny. You feel that the room is just missing some "pomp" to bring it up to standard for its class of hotel.
The amenities offered in the hotel are quite few, and for most of them you will have to pay. although there is no swimming pool, There is a well equipped gym adjacent to the premises, which is directly accessible from the hotel. However you will have to pay to enter the gym ( I believe that certain tiers of the Hilton honors program get It free)!
My opinion is that any paid for amenity such as the gym (as a pose to services like room service, which it is accepted that it should be paid for), can not be considered as part of the rating that the hotel deserves.
I also found that the room although it was clean, it was quite dusty, as if it needed a good dusting by housekeeping.
I rate the hotel a decent 4 star rather then a 5 star hotel.
The exorbitant costs for a room or any of it services, can in my opinion not be considered in any way as value for money.
I certainly would not return to this hotel at its current prices, although I still consider it a very decent hotel, and had it been cheaper it would be a viable option.
Having stayed in many fine establishments around the world, I was quite disappointed with this hotel, and my personal verdict stays as "not so fast again".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Hilton Amsterdam hotel, famous for John Lennon and Yoko Ono's 1969 'bed-in for peace.' An ideal base for exploring the city, this Amsterdam, Netherlands hotel boasts easy access to some of the most exclusive shopping streets, traditional cafes and famous local attractions. Take advantage of the hotel's proximity to Amsterdam's main business district. Host your conference or executive meeting in one of 21 versatile meeting rooms and relax while professional planners take care of the details. Stay productive with modern equipment in the business center and enjoy WiFi throughout the hotel. Unwind in a spacious and contemporary guest room or upgrade to an Executive room and enjoy exclusive access to the stylish Executive Lounge, offering complimentary refreshments and a 360-degree view across Amsterdam's spectacular skyline. Relax with a massage in this Amsterdam hotel's health club featuring a sauna, steam room, whirlpool, and solarium. Re-energize in the fitness center with the latest modern equipment. Admire stunning views of Amsterdam's renowned canals and unwind with a local beer in Half Moon Lounge, with style based on designs by Ralph Lauren. Enjoy elegance and experience while dining on innovative Italian cuisine in the award-winning Roberto's Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Nozio Netplan srl, Hilton EMEA, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Hilton International Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Hilton International