“Very Nice Hotel”
Review of Hilton Amsterdam

Hilton Amsterdam
Ranked #41 of 372 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This was a very nice hotel that had very clean rooms and excellent service. We had a problem with our room but this was quickly dealt with by a very helpful team of staff. The italian restaurant was also exquisite, and there was a large array of food at breakfast. The only downside of this hotel is that it is not located in the very centre of the city, but I did not find this a problem and in fact quite the opposite. The neighbourhood in which the hotel is located in is very quiet and family friendly, with the voldenpark round the corner through which you can walk to the centre of the city. The museum area is also in close proximity. There is also a tram which passes very close to the hotel which can take you all around amsterdam. Although you are not right in the centre of the city this can be an advantage as Amsterdam is a very noisy and busy city and sometimes this can be overwhelming. All in all a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view of the garden not the car park!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
AlessioColavecchio, Manager at Hilton Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Nicola,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at Hilton Amsterdam.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed the excellent service and the location. It is very convenient to take tram 16 towards the city centre. It departs right behind the hotel as you mentioned.

I have personally shared your recommendations regarding Roberto’s Restaurant with the team and I hope to get the chance to meet you during your next visit.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

This is my second review of this hotel. My last review was over a year ago. Still the same great service. I like the location of the quiet upscale residential neighborhood. Stayed in a junior suite on the club level and had access to the Executive Lounge. The hotel is located on a canal and there are a number of excellent restaurants within a short walking distance of the hotel. I have reviewed these. Check in was easy as was check out. The concierge staff is excellent at making reservations for restaurants, providing directions to museums, etc. You have the option of having breakfast on the executive level or in the downstairs restaurant. We opted for the restaurant as you have more options. They have an excellent buffet with cold meats and fish, cheeses, bacon, eggs, sausages, breads, cereals, yogurts, etc. If you can't find what you want, they will make it for you. My wife had poached eggs most mornings and we stayed 8 nights at this Hilton. When in Amsterdam, this is my "Go To" hotel. The tram stops are close to the hotel and it was enjoyable riding the trams around Amsterdam. Tram cards can be purchased in the gift shop at the hotel or you can purchase online passes that cover transportation as well as entrance fees to museums.

Room Tip: I absolutely recommend booking a junior suite with a balcony. Be sure to ask for one with a balcony...

Dear Plasmid,

Thank you for reviewing Hilton Amsterdam again. It is because of guest like you we can keep improving our services and facilities.

Your detailed comments about your stay find me very well. I am pleased to hear that all of our staff contributed to make you stay as comfortable as possible. I have personally shared your positive comments with them. Our concierge and its team are one of the best in Amsterdam and I am pleased you also experienced it that way.

I look forward to welcome you again in Hilton Amsterdam.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We enjoyed the hotel and everything was good. Well kept older hotel with spacious rooms. It is a little out of the town center, but close to the train. There is a great roof top lounge that has some nice views and it does sit on a canal that is very nice. We would stay again.

Dear Lovetotravelfamily,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am happy to hear to you enjoyed your stay with us and in particular the Executive Lounge. On the 10th floor you have a fantastic 360⁰ panoramic view of the city of Amsterdam.

The hotel is indeed located in the most upscale area of Amsterdam ‘Oud-Zuid’, which is just outside the somewhat busy city centre. Multiple trams depart close to the hotel and take you into the old city centre in 10 minutes. All the major museums are within walking distance in about 10 minutes as well.

Your positive review works as great motivation for the team to continue the high quality service you expect from us.

I hope we may welcome you again in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Excellent hotel with the best mattress and view of the city. Great service. Loved the views. Stayed 4 days and loved it.

The only catch is that it is a distant away from the city and you are not really near any restaurant. It was my first trip to Amsterdam and I did get a little lost trying to figure out how to get to the city.

Room Tip: Ask for one on a high floor with a view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Anu_Singapore

Dear Anu_Singapore,

Thank you for reviewing Hilton Amsterdam.

It is with great pleasure that I have shared your positive review with our Team Members.

The hotel is located in a more quiet residential area of the city and is surrounded by many restaurants and bars. Our concierge will be more than happy to point you in the right direction during you next visit.

It is with the help of guests like you we can keep improving our services and facilities. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are meeting your expectations and I hope we may look forward to meeting you again in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 27 June 2014

This may not be your hotel if this is your first visit to amsterdam, however it is a great hotel if you have been there and already hit the hot spots. This is a little out of the city center, but still close to the museums. Staff was great, rooms good, great lounge in the roof, we loved it.

Dear DSimons77,

Thank you very much for reviewing Hilton Amsterdam here on TripAdvisor.

It is marvellous to read that you liked the hotel and the location we’re in. The Vondelpark is only a short stroll away and if you would rent bicycles at our concierge, you could visit all the ‘hot spots’ the ‘Dutch’ way.

Museum Square is definitely worth visiting. It can take you two whole days to visit all the attractions there.

It would be a delight if we could welcome you back with us in the near future.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I must start this review saying that I was so spectacle about staying in this Hilton. I felt it was soooo far from the city areas I would be visiting that I was convinced I would hate it. Wrong. I loved it.Although it is far from the central station and all that implies, it is only a short walk to the Rijksuseum and Van Gogh museums. Just about 15 minutes if you are a slow walker.
The hotel is situated in a beautiful neighborhood with gorgeous views of the canal just behind the hotel. The bar is plentiful- if you know what I mean, and has a beautiful sitting area overlooking garden and canal.
The beds are extremely comfortable and the staff is lovely.
Breakfast is the typical American buffet, but their dinner buffet, which I did partake in, was a wonderful selection of local dishes mixed with those more familiar to America!
I would recommend this hotel and a quiet retreat outside the busy city area. Vondelpark is a 5 minute walk from this hotel. What a beautiful way to end your day in a city so bustling that my New York head was sinning!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a canal view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Basbgirl55

Dear Ms. Basbgirl55,

What a wonderful review of Hilton Amsterdam!

It is fantastic to read that, although you had some reservations about the location, you loved it. The location is indeed truly wonderful, with many nice things to do in the neighbourhood. Visit the Vondelpark or one of the cosy restaurants, you could even rent our hotel bicycles and explore Amsterdam the ‘Dutch’ way.

What to me also feels as a magnificent comment, is how you have experienced our breakfast selection to be a perfect mix of local and international dishes.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 24 June 2014

the hotel's facilities was too old and need to be renovated. internet not free and charge very high. Executive room too small compair with other normal room. Parking fee too high. No restaurant near the hotel. Not so convenience by public transport.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Qingping Z,

Thank you very much for leaving a review of Hilton Amsterdam here on TripAdvisor.

We are sorry to read that not all of our facilities and services met your expectations and for the inconvenience this has caused you, I would like to express my sincere apologies.

I would like to inform you that we offer free Wi-Fi in our public areas and our Guest Service Agents in the business centre would be more than happy to assist you in setting you up at one of our computers there.

We hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back as our guest in the future.

Yours sincerely,