NH Carlton Amsterdam
Thorbecke Hotel(Amsterdam)
Hotel Monopole(Amsterdam)
  • Breakfast included
2,687 results
All reviewsflower marketgreat locationsuperior roombit datedrembrandt squarecentral locationcity taxred light districttram stopmuntpleincafeseuropestopsdamdutch
Reviewed 24 December 2011

I stayed here 21 December, and in the run up to Christmas understandably the hotel was only half full. I paid for a superior room and would say that the small extra cost was worthwhile, in particular the bathroom was larger with two basins and a walk in closet I have stayed here twice over the last year. I would say this was 3.5 star hotel business hotel Rooms OK, pretty central, let down by cafeteria style breakfast - a real scrum (the previous time when the hotel was full), good value at a little over Euro 100 pn.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
NHCarltonAmsterdam, General Manager at NH Carlton Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2012

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for taking the time to fill in your review. I really appreciate your comments. Is it possible that you explain a little more about your experience at our breakfast?

You may send it to my personal e-mail address:

Kind regards,

Marcel Wijnberger
m.wijnberger@nh-hotels.com

Reviewed 6 December 2011

I stayed here for five nights on a 2-week business trip. The location was great -- on a Tram line, an easy walk to the Metro that took me to Biljmer Arena (the stop for my company's office), and right in the middle of things. My room was at the back of the hotel -- on check in, the staff did ask for my preference -- but a little too small and "tired." There was an electric kettle to make tea and a refrigerator (nice, with an Albert Heijn just around the corner), but *very* few electric outlets. I unplugged the desk lamp to make room for my lap top, and unplugged the TV so that I could use the electric kettle. The bathroom had a hair dryer, but it came apart in my hand and the sink was extremely slow to drain. Still, it had a nice electric towel bar. I think the hotel needs some refurbishing and I probably won't stay there again if I have other comparably-priced options.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 December 2011

good location, staff friendly, room clean and tidy, breakfast has a wide variety and very tasty.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 December 2011

I had dirty bed sheets on complaining they covered stains with blanket. Dirty bad service. Avoid

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank AUSTLON
Reviewed 2 December 2011

Very nice Hotel, very good location, very good prices. The flower market is right out the side door. You can walk everywhere from here. Mcdonalds across the street in case you get the muchies! ha..Doug

Room Tip: I think they are all good.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family