NH Carlton Amsterdam
US$264
US$199
Room Mate Hotels
  • Restaurant
WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$255
US$320
US$289
NH Hotels
  • Restaurant
XO Hotels Couture(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$79
US$365
US$238
  • Restaurant
XO Hotels Park West(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$83
  • Restaurant
Ibis Amsterdam Centre Stopera(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$157
Hotels.com
  • Bar/Lounge
2,690 results
All reviewsflower marketgreat locationsuperior roombit datedrembrandt squarecentral locationcity taxred light districttram stopmuntpleincafeseuropestopsdamdutch
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We (a family of 5) booked two rooms in this hotel through NH after reading some good reviews. The location was excellent, next to the flower market and 15 minutes walking from the Centraal Station.

We got there around 12 at noon, hoping that we would be able to go into our rooms early, but do not expect to enter your room before 3pm. The same happened to another group.

When we finally got into our rooms (one double and one triple) we were like OMG! The rooms hadn't been renovated in the last 25 years at least. All the furniture was old and ugly, it looked more like a hospital rather than a hotel. The carpet was dirty and the only painting wasn't properly hanged.
And what can I say about the bathroom...small with a hairdryer from the eighties, the shower curtain didn't cover all the lenght so everytime you showered lots of water were flooding the floor, ....

The corridor was more of the same. A few small holes in the walls and dirty carpet.

The room rate that we paid was about 210€ per room per night, so when my parents complained about it they were upgraded to the executive room, which was bigger but old and ugly as the other.

On the other hand I have to say that the service was more than excellent, always helping with everything with a smile.

The buffet was good enough, and the last good thing about the hotel was de 48" flat screen on the rooms with 16 channels, which doesn't make up for the old room.

Definitely not recommending this hotel unless they completely renovate everything.

Room Tip: Get a room far from the elevators.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank borjasamso
Reviewed 25 May 2014

The hotel is very well located, right at the flower market. I think this is the only positive thing I can say about it....
It's more like a two star than a four star. The elevators were out of order for 1.5 days, the room was smelly, the TV had very few channels, the amenities in the bathroom actually smelled bad, the hair dryer is from the 80's, the water didn't drain properly from the shower (yucky).
I asked the concierge to make reservations in 3 restaurants. He made a reservation in one, said the other was full for the three nights I asked and was too busy to try the last one. Not a 4 star attitude. By the way, I called myself and got a reservation for the one he said was fully booked.
Fortunately I had made the reservation through Priceline, so I didn't pay full price.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

First, let me say I am reviewing this hotel from my perspective as a female executive who travels quite a bit for business.

The pros: great location. Friendly and knowledgeable staff. Reasonably priced breakfast buffet. Clean albeit small rooms.

The cons: no face cloth which is a must for removing makeup. A tiny one-inch square bar of bath soap (note they do provide body wash). No top sheet under comforter. "Vacuum tube" style of blow dryer which blows like a baby's breath and eventually gets too hot to hold.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Cynthia G
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Very impressed with this hotel.
The location is excellent, with everything being within a 15 minute walk of the hotel.
Our room was very large, although my friends room was a lot smaller than ours, but still and good size.
The staff were very nice and polite.
The wifi is very good and works in all the rooms.
If I returned to Amsterdam I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 May 2014

The hotel has a very good location for enjoying the pleasures of Amsterdam, but the rooms are very small and tired, and watch out when sitting on the toilet, and someone else want to come into the bathroom - your knees will most definitely hurt afterwards. The reception staff varied from helpful to disaster. The breakfast is ok. The lifts only worked now and then, but a notice proclaimed that they would be renewed shortly. As you rarely spend much time in the hotel when visiting Amsterdam it is a ok choice.

Room Tip: For a bigger room Upgrade - and it is not a bad idea to ask for a room not facing Vijzelstraat unless you have a good sleeping heart.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple