“The choice of stay in Amsterdam”
Review of The Toren

The Toren
Ranked #2 of 365 Hotels in Amsterdam
“The choice of stay in Amsterdam”
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Everything!! I will certainly recommend this hotel to anyone planning a trip to Amsterdam. It was a convenient location and we could easily walk to dam square and Amsterdam central station. We were welcomed warmly by the staff who led us to our room and gave us a mini tour of the room. The hotel prepared a little surprise as we stated in our booking that we were on our honeymoon. Our room had a coffee machine and the capsules were complimentary. No wonder the Toren was listed as the top five hotels in the book, "a guide to Amsterdam" that we borrowed prior to the trip. We stayed for four days and it was hard to leave on the last day!

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank 8vita

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (575)
  • Arabic first
Reviewed 22 January 2012

The besr experience ever. Great location, excellent service and pleasant room. Museums and great restaurants nearby. Warm and welcoming athmosfere

• Stayed January 2012
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 January 2012

This hotel made our four days in Amsterdam quite a special memory. The trip was a surprise present for my husband, he had no idea what to expect (neither did I really) so I was very happy and excited when we finally arrived. It is a very beautiful building, inside and out, and the unique decor was refreshing and kind of inspiring actually.
Websites can sometimes give false impressions of their hotel, but not this one. You really have to be there to feel the quality too, the deep mattress and heavy curtains and all the small details that large hotel chains seem to forget about.
The room was decedent and we loved it straight away. The staff were very cool, so cool that you'd want to hang out with them and it's in the perfect location with two VERY good restaurants a few minutes walk away.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2012

The hotel was great and in a wonderful location! The staff were the best and very helpful!! Whenever I come back I'll stay here again!!!

• Stayed January 2012
SF
Reviewed 17 January 2012

This hotel is in a very good neighborhood and close to everything you'd like to see in Amsterdam. Very cute yet small rooms but oh so decorated.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank David1101
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 14 January 2012

We stayed here in November 2011. From my Amsterdam hotels so far this has been far the best . The location is great for all the sights and the hotel is as vintage as vintage can be. The bar and breakfast area and flower arrangements are stunning. Service and staff has been flawless. We lived in the garden suite which prooved to a very good and stylish choice. We loved this place a lot and will definetely book it again at our next Amsterdam trip.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Blackmage1
London
Reviewed 13 January 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel after my parents highly recommended it. It was my husband's birthday and they did a fantastic job of making him feel very special!

Front desk/staff
Amazing! So very helpful and perfect English! We had such a nice time just chatting with them. Anything we needed they were there to accommodate. For me, it started via email. I contacted the hotel to help me find the perfect restaurant for my husband's birthday dinner and also ask about other suprises they could offer. All of my needs where met and I was very happy with the outcome!

Location
Super close to the Anne Frank house. Amsterdam is such a walkable city, but the nice thing about this hotel is that it's close to everything, but far away enough to not be in the hussle and bussle.

Room
We had a beautiful room with a huge jacuzzi. The shower was wonderful, the bed was super comfy, but the only thing that made me rate the sleep quality so low was the annoying blue light coming from the heating/air conditioning unit. The room was so nice with all the curtains drawn, but then if you have the unit on, this bright blue light shines directly in your eyes all night. I actually slept with a hand towel over my eyes. If you don't have to have darkness to sleep then this would not bother you. I, on the other hand, have to have it nice and dark.

Decor
I have to commet on the decor...it's very cool, unique and bespoke!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple