The Toren
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Pax(Amsterdam)
Hotel Aspen(Amsterdam)
2,756 results
All reviewsanne frank houseannex buildingthe main hotelgarden suitejacuzzi tubbottle of champagnecanal viewdinner reservationswonderful hotelnespresso machineperfect locationbeautiful roomhotel barthree nightscanal housedam squarewalked everywhere
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 December 2012

This is an absolutely lovely and accommodating hotel. The service, care, and attention given to guests is unparalleled in most places I have stayed around Europe.
The room given to us (an upgrade at a discounted rate) had a fantastic view onto the street below as well as an amazing jacuzzi.
The location is very central and within walking distance of most you will want to see.
I will be sure to come back next time I visit Amsterdam.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to a jacuzzi room. They are worth it and the staff is very helpful about recommendations and room requests.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank outlawdsx
Reviewed 11 December 2012

Location, location, location.. Going for a romantic long weekend to amsterdam i knew I wanted to stay on prinsengracht, and was happy to try the toren, having stayed at canal house hotel many years back, before its price and decor went through the roof.. If you walk out on prinsengracht when you step from the door you get to love and savor even the biting cold and the rain, it is such a magical area. The toren provides you with a slightly aged but very cozy and super comfortable accomodation, and you quickly start saying let's walk back home when you want to go back after your visit to a museum or the like. We were in one of the smaller rooms, still lushious and well equipped. Perhaps a bit overdone with all the black ando gold and showing some wear and tear as i said. But is very silent in the night and romantic and just a very god choice especially for a couple. We loved the late and wonderful breakfasts. I guess it could do with some freshening up in some areas. The good service, breakfast, the comfort and the somewhat decadent decor - and the location - make up for everything

Room Tip: Don't fret if you are in the dependance. You have a coffe machine in the room if you want something warm before you dress for breakfast. And the late leisurly breakfast next door is worth the few steps. We actually enjoyed going back to our room without passing by reception, kind of felt more like home. Rooms with a view come with a price, and the area is super quiet regardless, but yeah, we did not mind being at the back.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank thominhk
Reviewed 11 December 2012

Exceptional service, luxurious rooms, fantastic location. I will stay here again and again. Favorite things: bar staff and reception staff were super friendly. Bed was easily the most comfortable I have been in, ever, period. No exaggeration. Nespresso, mmmm. Chandelier above the bed in our room. Giant whirlpool tub for two. I miss this place already.

Room Tip: Splurge for the whirlpool for two. Ours had lights and programs and a remote!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 December 2012

I stayed at The Toren for 2 nights in June as a "pit stop" on a business trip in the Netherlands and it easily turned out to be the best experience of my trip. From check-in to check-out the gracious staff was so helpful. They offered me great advice on all the best local attractions- Anne Frank house (it's right around the corner!), Heineken Experience, canal tours, shopping, etc. The hotel is within walking distance of many other attractions as well as charming cafe's, restaurants, and coffee shops. The staff made me feel right at home in such a large city. My room, although on the small side (they even emailed me before my arrival and warned me of the small size), was just the right amount of space. From the beautiful, rich colored linens to the heated bathroom floor, the room was decked out with high-end quality finishes. The history of the building definitely added to the old-world charm. Basically, I loved everything about The Toren hotel and will definitely be staying there on my next trip to Amsterdam-- and you should too!

Room Tip: Rooms are quite small, so you might want to upgrade to a larger room if traveling with large/many bags and staying for a while.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 December 2012

I booked this hotel on the recommendation of a friend and the experience exceeded my expectations. The hotel is beautifully decorated and the first impression was very positive. This was further enforced by a seamless check-in experience where front desk staff were very warm, knowledgeable and helpful. My room was gorgeous and had an incredible bathroom with a claw-foot tub. The weather was cold and rainy whilst I was in Amsterdam, but my room was incredibly cozy, right down to a lovely down duvet on the bed - which was also top-notch in comfort. The hotel bar was also a delight, with moody lighting, a nice selection of wine, and a wood burning fireplace. I could have sat there for hours. Overall - everything about this hotel has made me want to come back...next time as a romantic vacation! This time, I was on my own but the ambiance of the Toren is very romantic and sexy.

Room Tip: The most convenient choice would be to have a room in the main building as there are two which are separated by a few houses between. However, the secondary building is very quiet and private.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business