“Special and outstanding hotel”
Review of The Toren

The Toren
Ranked #2 of 367 Hotels in Amsterdam
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Special and outstanding hotel”
Reviewed 20 December 2012

This boutique hotel is very uniquely desgined. The staff, service and maintenance was beyond any expectations. The room was clean and tidy, although a little small (the small double room) for a couple staying for a whole week. Nevertheless, we were compensated with the great breakfast buffet (which was not included initially). The location is quite central and only a short walking distance from Dam and tram station. Would definitely come back there.

Room Tip: ask for the standart double room and not the small.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (584)
  • Arabic first
London
Reviewed 18 December 2012

Beautifully decorated hotel. We stayed in a spacious and very clean room, received a warm welcome, nothing was too much trouble, the breakfast was excellent and good value for money. Would love to return and would not hesitate to recommend.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

2 Thank Marty M
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 17 December 2012

The Toren is an excellent boutique hotel in a great location. Unlike the the minimalist looks of most boutique hotels, I appreciated the dramatic, gothic style for a change. The room was a generous size by European standards - that said, I was travelling alone. The bed was very comfortable; the bathroom/shower facilities were excellent. The hotel has excellent wi-fi throughout the hotel. The room had a quality coffee machine and TV. The staff were all so friendly and helpful (before and during my stay) - suggesting restaurants, helping with transportation, etc. Finally, the location is ideal. It is right in the heart of the city but away from the noisy masses of people. Situated near the stylish Jordaan area and along one of the nicer, quieter stretches of canal. The hotel is 2 blocks from the Anne Frank house (which is very helpful when having to be in line by 8:30 AM) and a 3 minute walk to the heart of Dam Square. When I return to Amsterdam, I will certainly stay at The Toren again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank Xmtler
Sydney
Reviewed 17 December 2012

I am reluctant to tell people about the Toren as it seemed like we were visiting our distant relatives, who happen to own a great secret hideaway hotel not far from the action in Amsterdam.
I too read the reviews and expected a decent hotel for the price we paid, but got a shock when the super friendly staff led me and my beautiful partner to our opulent room. I actually got more than I paid for as the staff and facilities outdid the modest costs for the room and the location was just we needed to relax but still get amongst it when we wanted to.
I can often tell what kind of hotel you are staying in by the reaction of the taxi driver when you give them the name and the Toren was an instant smile, which is what you will get when you stay here. Just make sure there is a room left for me when we come back!

Room Tip: All the rooms seemed to have there own charm so no choice needed
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
alicante
Reviewed 15 December 2012

I was looking for a hotel that was a bit differnt in Amsterdam, not the typical impersonal one. I found it, it was The Toren. I was afraid as I saw the reviews said the rooms were very small. We got a standard double with bath tub in the corner and I loved it. The decoration is lovely and the room has a lot of charm. The bed is very confortable and cosy.The girls at reception and always receive you with a smile and will help you with anything, they were very friendly. They give u a list with restaurants the recomenda and we tried three... by far BUSSIA (an itialian) was the best.

Room Tip: com mínimo standard double not small double.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank zoelogicopark
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 December 2012

Loved it! Really helpful staff, one even bought me drink in the early hours of the morning. They certainly seemed genuine to me. My room had got the bath in the middle of the living space and I know that sounds weird, but it worked for me. Close to the centre and right on one of the canals, so the position is extremely pleasant. It has almost a bordello feel to it...but in a classy way!

Room Tip: Look for a room with a garden view
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Mark R
California
Reviewed 14 December 2012

This hotel is great! After a long flight from L.A. we had one overnight in Amsterdam and booked the Toren. They were fabulous, both through the booking process and once we got there. We got in early, so they held our luggage prior to check-in and lugged it to the room when it was ready. We stayed in the annex, which was very clean and nice. I, unfortunately, blew the main electrical fuse in the room shortly after arrival by plugging a 3-prong American into a 2-prong American/Euro adapter. Don't do this!!! Michel (I believe his name was) quickly remedied the situation and we were good to go. The location was very convenient and made our brief stay in Amsterdam at the start of our long trip very enjoyable. Thanks again to Michel and all the staff at the Toren. Enjoy your stay!

Room Tip: We stayed in the annex and it was delightful. I was concerned about staying "down the street&q...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends