The Toren
US$320
US$289
NH Hotels
  • Restaurant
XO Hotels Couture(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$79
  • Restaurant
WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$255
Agoda.com
US$365
US$238
  • Restaurant
XO Hotels Park West(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$83
  • Restaurant
Ibis Amsterdam Centre Stopera(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$413
US$367
  • Room Service
2,775 results
All reviewsanne frank houseannex buildingthe main hotelgarden suitejacuzzi tubbottle of champagnecanal viewdinner reservationswonderful hotelnespresso machineperfect locationbeautiful roomhotel barthree nightscanal housedam squarewalked everywhere
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Travelling with a friend, we decided to stay at the Toren as we wanted to stay in a smaller hotel. Prior to travelling, the hotel was really upfront with us about the size of the two single rooms and that these would be in separate buildings, which we appreciated. The staff are a real asset to this hotel; a special offer was sent to us after booking and the staff could not have been more helpful before and during our trip. They get the balance right of being friendly and helpful, yet giving you space too.

The decor may not be to everybody's taste but a quick look on the hotel website and at the photos on this page will give you a very good idea of what to expect. Some have said that this hotel is for couples, but both myself and my friend felt perfectly comfortable here as travelling buddies. The rooms are very comfortable and cleverly laid out; a comfortable bed ensures a good night's sleep and it was quiet too. The location was absolutely superb, smack bang in the canal belt and easy walking to anywhere in central Amsterdam. The nearest tram stop is less than 5 mins easy stroll and will take you further afield. We walked around the areas of the city with the bigger multinational hotels and concluded that the location of this hotel was better. Its close proximity to the Jordaan district is a bonus too, lovely restaurants and cafes aplenty. Cannot comment on the food here as we decided to find little cafes for breakfast (there are several nearby).

I would absolutely recommed this hotel and will stay here again if I have the pleasure to return to Amsterdam.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 August 2013

We stayed for one night as a treat because it had such great ratings. The beds were the most cofortable I have ever experienced in a hotel. It was very nice all around, and the decor was very cool! They were very good at recommending where to eat nearby and helpfull in buying tickets, although they tell you that you "skip the line" you actually don't for some. You have to line up and exchange the printed ticket for a different one. Fast moving lines at the Rijk's though.
I thought we were going to be staying in the main "house" but we were actually about 5 doors down away from the main hotel, which was actually ok. The room we had was large and looked over the canal, so very nice.
We had the breakfast, which I wouldn't recommend for the price. It was over priced for what you get in my opinion. Great fresh bread, some fruit, coffee, bacon, scrambled eggs....typical buffet style, but not worth the price.
The internet was not very good, and they charged for more than basic tv and movies, but all in all not that bad.

Room Tip: We were in the house a few doors down facing the canal and it was great!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Drew D
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I almost don't know where to begin when it comes to all the great things I liked about this hotel. I've been to multiple hotels across the world and The Toren is by far on of my favorites. The staff here was so amazing. They not only made it enjoyable to be at the hotel but they increased the quality of my whole trip overall. The food was excellent (the duck is top notch), rooms were very nice and comfortable, and location was perfect for all the attractions I came to see. This will be the only hotel I stay at when I'm in Amsterdam.

Room Tip: Only stay here
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2013

The Toren comes highly recommended and it lives up to the word on the street! Very kind and competent staff in a cool/chill hotel and excellent rooms, great location in Amsterdam with the more picturesque parts of the canals in close proximity.
Don't waste time in the commercial hotels if you want a break!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 30 July 2013

The location is excellent and the staff very friendly indeed. There are two buildings separated by about 75 metres. Both buildings are old canal houses. What took me by surprise and cannot be picked up fully from images online or the hotel's website is the decor or its intended market. For me it was Disney haunted mansion meets Harry Potter (12 Grimmauld Place) meets tart's boudoir with a hint of Miss Havisham's dining room. Predominant colours were black and purple with large quantities of garish artificial flowers and white whispy bits (some of them fluttering in air conditioned breezes for extra effect) and lots of velvet. I think you either love it or hate it. The hotel seemed designed for lovers, not families, and lovers with a particular (even peculiar) design taste. As I say, great location, very friendly staff and an excellent breakfast and lots of people seem to like it, but it was very quirky and certainly not for everyone and that should have been made clearer. My two star rating is not because it is "poor" as such, it registers my genuine surprise and disappointment at what I found when I arrived with my two teenage daughters (whose room had a jacuzzi in the middle of it, - large enough for two, enough said). The hotel were kind and offered a room change, although conceding that the replacement rooms would not be much different in terms of theme.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family