“Way above expectations! Above 4 stars!”
Review of The Toren

The Toren
Ranked #2 of 374 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I spent few days selecting nice and well located hotel at a good price and I liked what was said about The Toren, my husband and I had no idea that in reality it is such a discovery! I was staying in different hotels in Amsterdam before but this one is way above 4 stars!

The room was prepayed, but I was glad to know they don't take any extra deposits upon arrival. My last visits another hotels were blocking second full price of staying which was usually unblocked within a month.

I booked the smallest room and immediately received a letter from the staff describing the room and checking if I'm fine with the choice because it is important for them to meet expectations. I have requested for available options and I was offered a bigger room which was great so I confirmed. I must say it was the nicest communication with the hotel ever.

The hotel is located in quite area close to the station and attractions. You can see the hotel is new and fresh. And it's so beautiful inside - soft lights, warm colors, rich details - my best regards to decorator, I took some ideas for my own apartment. I'd call it a boutique hotel.

When we got to our room we were surprised by unexpected upgrade! The room size didn't look small at all, the bed was much bigger than expected. The bathroom was all new with soft towels, bathrobes and slippers.
The room had everything you needed and more! I really didn't expect to have nespresso capsule machine from 4 stars hotel! It was exactly what was needed after long trip and shopping the next day.
The breakfast was another great surprise: everything you can get in 5 stars hotel + much better cheeses, fresh strawberry and variety of fresh juices. We've been even more surprised when at check-out we've been told that it was complimentary as well as waters from the minibar.
The room cleaning was great, the staff was really nice and always ready to help.

Thanks for the stay!

After coming back I received a personal warm letter from Eric and Petra Toren. They really work with passion and you feel it during the stay.

I'm definitely recommending The Toren for romantic couples such as we are.

Room Tip: Book it directly from their web page.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank YuliaMos

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Pampered and welcome was the felling of staying in a "Double with Canal View" and I enjoyed every minute of my 3 nights at The Toren. From the soft, generous and beautiful bed to the amazing cocktails in the gorgeous bar...never a dull moment!

Room Tip: ...just around the corner from Anne Frank's house and not far from the wonderful organic market...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Mette R
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Having visited Amsterdam many times, I can't think of a hotel that comes close to The Toren. It's perfect for a romantic getaway - All expectations were met. The staff we impeccable. Our room (Bridal suite) was something out of the Palace of Versailles and the breakfast was absolutely delicious. We will be back soon.

Room Tip: Bridal Suite AKA Palace of Versailles :)
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank James W
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Amsterdan was cold but everything about the Toren was warm. The rooms are first rate. We stayed in the Executive Garden Suite - a great value considering the sumptuous accommodations. When you get both Garden Suites (as we did) they'll even open the wall between the living rooms to create one large living room (with two separate bedrooms). HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. The service was perfect. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. I cannot recommend this beautiful boutique hotel more highly.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jeremy K
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Stayed there for 2 nights. Nice place, close to city center. Very friendly and helpful personnel. Rooms are nice and clean and of cause great breakfasts. What else is expected from hotel. I was satisfied.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 November 2013

The hotel is perfectly located in Amsterdam and you are in walking distance of all the sights. The staff and owners are very focused on their guests ensuring that any issue (small or big) is addressed immediately. We were in their bar and the server overheard one couple talk about a faulty jacuzzi and they immediately alerted the front desk who then addressed the issue to the surprise of the guests. The staff always demonstrated that they care about their guests whether it was conversing with their guests on their day or through providing recommendations. Amsterdam is a very beautiful city and the Toren is the perfect host.

Room Tip: Avoid the ground floor rooms as they are close to the passageway to the gardens
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wilks S
Reviewed 20 November 2013

A fantastic privately owned hotel in a great location. Great location for a romantic break. Sumptuous bedding and decor in the rooms. Recommend room with spa bath for that little bit extra. Would definitely go back when next in Amsterdam. Great restaurants just around the corner as well

• Stayed: November 2013