2,883 results
All reviews anne frank house annex building garden suite the main hotel jacuzzi tub canal view dinner reservations jordaan district wonderful hotel nespresso machine perfect location three nights hotel bar canal house dam square walked everywhere within easy walking distance
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Recently spent 3 nights in Amsterdam staying at the Toren. We arrived at about midday (before check in time) and they kindly informed us that one of the rooms was ready and we could take our bags there. The receptionist was also very helpful in giving extensive meals recommendations and giving tram numbers for getting to museums etc. Staff were also helpful in taking our bags to the rooms and spoke excellent English and were overall nice to us. The rooms were well furnished with great taste and style - brilliant and funky. Location was within walking distance of everything you could want. Breakfast on the last day was great and we wished we had used it earlier! Would stay again without question.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 January 2014

This is not my first time in Amsterdam but by far the best. All is perfect about this hotel - location, very hospitble staff, magic view on the canal. The weather helped a lot as well - warm and sunny, just opposite to what the forecast promised. I am happy to be here together with my favorite person...)))

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vera E
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend bought me to this hotel over New year. The room was beautiful. The breakfast was delicious, with a hot breakfast and continental, with delicious fresh juices. Our room was cleaned beautifully every day. The staff especially the bar staff, were kind, courteous, helpful and good fun, they also make some brilliant cocktails. Room service was tasty. I loved my Jacuzzi bath, I have enjoyed two baths/showers a day, and the waterfall shower was brilliant too.Overall this has been the most fantastic new year I have ever had, the elegance and overall beauty of this hotel has made this trip completely over the top fantastic.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank EdWood9020
Reviewed 30 December 2013

The Toren is a charming boutique hotel near the Anne Frank House. The staff are friendly & helpful. It's a great base for exploring Amsterdam on foot.The room was very comfortable, with a Nespresso coffee machine. The hotel's bar is very cosy.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
7  Thank Wednesday D
Reviewed 27 December 2013

A perfect respite in a perfect location with a terrific staff. We had two rooms in the annex, a few doors down from the main building. The canal view rooms are wonderful but the best feature of The Toren is the staff. From check-in to departure, the entire staff had an attitude of making sure everything was right. When we needed a bag of ice for a minor injury, we got it delivered to the room in minutes, with a tape measure for determining a knee brace, and a call to the nearest pharmacy to locate the brace. Do ask for restaurant recommendations at the front desk. There are several excellent restaurants in close proximity and the staff at The Toren will direct you and provide great insights. The hotel is also close to the Anne Frank house which is a must see and a short distance to the office for canal tours. I hope we can return to Amsterdam some day and when we do we will certainly stay at The Toren.

Room Tip: The canal view room is superb. The garden view room is nice but not of much use in the winter. The room did have a jacuzzi which was great.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family