2,891 results
All reviews anne frank house annex building garden suite the main hotel jacuzzi tub canal view dinner reservations jordaan district wonderful hotel nespresso machine perfect location three nights hotel bar canal house dam square walked everywhere within easy walking distance
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel having had several interesting experiences with Amsterdam hotels. Hotels in the city centre can be dreadfully hit and miss.

The Toren simply blew my fiance and I away. The rooms are beautiful in deep reds and blacks. The bed was comfortable, the heating and cooling was simple and (wait for it...) effective, and the bath was huge - easily large enough for two with a great bubble spa function.

The staff were great. We arrived at about 9am from an overnight train and just wanted to drop our bags off. The staff were welcoming, and offered to change our room to one which was already ready...but then suggested we leave our bags as the room we had been allocated was better. We were then told we'd been given complimentary breakfast for our stay...and were then offered it for that morning as well.

The staff were also more than happy to make recommendations on tours and restaurants. I wanted to take my fiance fora nice romantic dinner on our last night in Amsterdam (also our last night in Europe) and the recommendation of the girls on reception was perfect.

All in all - an excellent hotel. Great location, great staff, great cocktail list, great breakfast. We would absolutely stay again.

PS - the chocolates and strawberries waiting in our room was a nice surprise, as were the free welcome cocktails.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Flying_economy_class
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Recently spent 3 nights in Amsterdam staying at the Toren. We arrived at about midday (before check in time) and they kindly informed us that one of the rooms was ready and we could take our bags there. The receptionist was also very helpful in giving extensive meals recommendations and giving tram numbers for getting to museums etc. Staff were also helpful in taking our bags to the rooms and spoke excellent English and were overall nice to us. The rooms were well furnished with great taste and style - brilliant and funky. Location was within walking distance of everything you could want. Breakfast on the last day was great and we wished we had used it earlier! Would stay again without question.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 January 2014

This is not my first time in Amsterdam but by far the best. All is perfect about this hotel - location, very hospitble staff, magic view on the canal. The weather helped a lot as well - warm and sunny, just opposite to what the forecast promised. I am happy to be here together with my favorite person...)))

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vera E
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend bought me to this hotel over New year. The room was beautiful. The breakfast was delicious, with a hot breakfast and continental, with delicious fresh juices. Our room was cleaned beautifully every day. The staff especially the bar staff, were kind, courteous, helpful and good fun, they also make some brilliant cocktails. Room service was tasty. I loved my Jacuzzi bath, I have enjoyed two baths/showers a day, and the waterfall shower was brilliant too.Overall this has been the most fantastic new year I have ever had, the elegance and overall beauty of this hotel has made this trip completely over the top fantastic.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank EdWood9020
Reviewed 30 December 2013

The Toren is a charming boutique hotel near the Anne Frank House. The staff are friendly & helpful. It's a great base for exploring Amsterdam on foot.The room was very comfortable, with a Nespresso coffee machine. The hotel's bar is very cosy.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo