2,857 results
All reviewsanne frank houseannex buildinggarden suitethe main hoteljacuzzi tubcanal viewdinner reservationsjordaan districtwonderful hotelnespresso machineperfect locationthree nightshotel barcanal housedam squarewalked everywherewithin easy walking distance
Reviewed 5 February 2014

We have just returned from our first trip to Amsterdam and were lucky enough to have stayed at the Toren. The hotel is exquisite, décor beautiful, atmosphere superb, staff helpful, friendly and professional. Eric and Petra Toren, hotel owners, have created a perfect oasis from which to enjoy the wonderful city. Their attention to detail and all the extra finishing touches make all the difference.
On a practical note, the hotel is in a great central location and the beautifully decorated rooms have every amenity you could need for a comfortable stay.
We can't wait to return in the summer, you must try it!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 100Paula
Reviewed 3 February 2014

My first trip to Amsterdam in more than 45 years. I chose The Toren because it is #1 on TripAdvisor. The rating is warranted! What a lovely hotel. I stayed a week beginning Jan 18th. The hotel is charming, the staff especially attentive. They reached out to me before I arrived to make sure I had a ticket to the Ann Frank house so I didn't have to stand in line. They also upgraded my room! The best sleep I've had in months.
The style is edgy and 1930s at the same time. Very intimate. Good bar and breakfast.
I highly recommend the hotel and plan to return.
Great location. Never needed anything but the tram.
Just amazing.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Diane H
Reviewed 31 January 2014

We stayed at the Toren on 7th January 2014 for one night only on my partner's birthday. What can I say?

Location - perfect
Staff - friendly, polite, professional, very helpful, they upgraded us!
The Hotel - great hotel, good facilities
The Room - good size, nice shower, espresso machine!
Would I recommend to a friend? - Yes
Will we be coming back to the Toren - absolutely!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank aloogosht
Reviewed 30 January 2014

What more can i say, located in a quiet spot near Jordaan, a short walk to dam square/royal palace, great rooms, fairly good size for amsterdam, well decorated and great soap (which my GF went running around trying to buy from somewhere)

Room service is delivered from elsewhere and is delicious! Bar downstairs had good guys and were good for a chat.

You can easily step out to a good cafe or maybe up the road to the d'arendsnest for some amazing dutch beers.

I stayed here cause Hotel Fita was doing some renovations and now its a hard choice between the two for when i go back!!

Room Tip: facing the canal!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ryan O
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I stayed at the Toren with my husband late last year to celebrate our wedding anniversary and first night away from our baby since moving to Amsterdam.
We had the most perfect time at the hotel and felt compelled to write my first review on trip advisor. The staff were amazing, so friendly and knew of our situation so wished us well on our anniversary, nice personal touches!
Then the room, wow, the decor is super luxe and the bath was divine! We could have stayed in there forever!
If you fancy a weekend or night away in pure luxury, then this is the place for you!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple