2,857 results
All reviewsanne frank houseannex buildinggarden suitethe main hoteljacuzzi tubcanal viewdinner reservationsjordaan districtwonderful hotelnespresso machineperfect locationthree nightshotel barcanal housedam squarewalked everywherewithin easy walking distance
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

I found the Toren on Tripadvisor and booked two nights during a business conference in Amsterdam. They quickly came back thanking me for the reservation, but warned me about the size of the room - it was one of two "compact" rooms, so they wanted to make sure I knew in advance. Being a good corporate citizen I decide not to upgrade and stay in the less expensive room.

Well, it was small, but it had everything necessary - and who sits in their room when visiting Amsterdam? The room was very clean, the bed was twin size but comfortable and the shower was also small but the large shower head was perfect.

There was a nice continental breakfast in the restaurant with great coffee. The same room doubles as the bar where we had a few late night drinks. It was after closing time, but the staff did not rush us. The bar and restaurant staff were incredibly courteous and helpful. In fact, one of the best features of the hotel are the people that clearly want to make your stay as nice
as possible. They genuinely care about their guest, which makes this little boutique hotel worth coming back to.

The hotel is situated on Keizersgracht which is close enough to central Amsterdam but in a quaint neighbourhood, on a quiet canal and far enough away from the party action. I plan to book a bigger room here or at their sister hotel Sebastian with my family over the summer.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank elbon05
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful three-day stay and were well cared for by the great staff in the bar/restaurant and in the reception.

Rooms are of a very high standard as was the attention of the staff.

Location on the Keizersgracht was ideal for exploring the small streets and shops in the old city - a reasonable stroll both to city center and to the Rijks and van Gogh museums.

We will be back!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The large number of glowing reviews with virtually no complaints seemed a little fishy to me. My husband and I spent three nights in May and I agree that the Toren is in a perfect location. However it is not perfect. We arrived by taxi during a heavy rain. No staff appeared to take in our bags so I legged them up the steps myself. The staff was polite during check in but no more so than most other hotels. We were assigned room 422 in the annex building . I have included a photo of our view of a lot of other hotel room windows. Our bathroom was so small they couldn't even fit the light switch inside. I kept going in only to come back out and close the door to reach the switch so I could go back in . The annex is like being in exile. No friendly staff to greet you
In the morning. My husband has a injury that makes it very difficult to climb stairs. The staff was made aware of this. One day we returned to find the elevator out of order. We had just spoken to the front desk staff, but no one said "please have a drink in the bar while we fix the elevator". They just sent us down the street to climb the vey steep, narrow stairs. I still rated the hotel very good mainly based on the location, the quirky decor and the comfortable, quiet room. I still recommend the Toren, just be aware that it is not as perfect as so many reviews suggest.

Room Tip: If you enjoy interacting with the staff, don't choose the annex.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank MaryColumbus_Ohio
Reviewed 29 May 2014

A great find. The hotel is split between two buildings 300 yards apart. Quirky decor but it all works. The breakfast was discounted 50%, not sure if that is standard! but was one of the best European breakfasts I have ever had. High quality and well balanced. Staff are excellent and welcome feedback. Rooms were a good size with high spec bathrooms. We would definitely go back to the Toren, although I'm not sure the city warrants a further visit.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mike_Lunch
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The Toren is a luxurious and well appointed boutique hotel in one of the best locations in Amsterdam, close to many restaurants and attractions. The Ann Frank House, Van Gogh and Rembrandt Galleries, and City Center are within easy walking distance. We'll definitely be back to the Toren, its well worth the money.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple