Bilderberg Hotel Jan Luyken
  • Restaurant
Hotel Van Gogh(Amsterdam)
Hotel Fita(Amsterdam)
1,132 results
All reviewsvan gogh museumquiet streetlouis vuittongreat locationhigh end shoppingsuperior roommuseum districttree lined streetmajor museumsdesigner shopsshopping streetboutique hoteltwo blockstram stoplovely hotelsmall hotelwithin walking distance
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We just spent three nights at this charming hotel prior to taking a river cruise. The location was perfect for us (just a five minute walk to the Van Gogh Museum and less than ten minutes to the Rijksmuseum). It is located on a quiet residential street but is quite close to a number of restaurants. Our room was large and airy with a small balcony (2 chairs). The A/C worked well, the bathroom was large and all in all we had a pleasant stay. Kelly at the front desk was extremely helpful in suggesting restaurants and areas to walk in. Our only complaint was the price of breakfast (19euro) and the rather meager selection. We tried it once and then discovered a breakfast jewel (Beans and Bagels) located less than 5 minutes away. A great breakfast for under 9 euros (see separate review).

When I return to Amsterdam I will once again stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 13Ezra
Janluyken58, General Manager at Bilderberg Hotel Jan Luyken, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, we really appreciate it.

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your Superior room with balcony, especially in the summer it is nice to end the day with a cold drink on your balcony.

I have passed on your kind words to the entire the team, especially to Kelly and she was really grateful.

It is by such lovely reviews that motivates us to work even harder to deliver high level guest service throughout the hotel.

Looking forward welcoming you again in the near future.

Best regards,

Ed W. M. Jongen

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed here for four nights and used it as a base to visit the main museums as well as other sights in the centre of Amsterdam. Well served by trams, it's easy to get into the centre. The hotel has a small bar also serving light bites. We found the staff to be most helpful. We needed a room for three people including our 16 year old daughter. They put out an extra folding bed in the room which was perfect. The room faced to the front and we could open the french windows to let air in and take in the street - we could see the Rijksmuseum building just a few blocks away. We rented some bikes from the hotel which were perfect for a three hour cycle around the canals.

Breakfast is served in a basement room for EUR15/19 which we did not think was great value so went out to the nearby stedelijk museum which had a great breakfast serving till noon.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Buckcastle
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Stayed at the hotel 3 night on a weekend, the hotel is perfectly located next to the museum area, vondel park and only 10-15 minutes walk from the pubs and restaurants areas. we got a big room on the 2nd floor with free wifi, nicely furnished. the hotel staff is great and helpful. One can also rent bikes from the hotel. The bus shuttle to/from the airport is on the street corner (30 min. drive, 5 euros).

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The rooms are lovely and spacious, the location is splendid, and the staff is excellent, but this is not a perfect hotel--the beds were uncomfortable, breakfast was severely limited and not included, and the price was quite high. This is an average hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Zachary W
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I picked this hotel based on trip advisor reviews. This was my first solo international trip, so safety and location were most important for me. I had an amazing experience from start to finish. I stayed here for the first half of my trip, and moved to a hotel next to Dam Square for the final three days.

I arrived 5 hours early for check in and they were able to provide me with a room. The room had hair on the bedding, so I called down to the receptionist who offered me a new room or change in bedding if i preferred the original room immediately. They agreed that the hair situation was "gross!." - her words.

There was a tv, refrigerator and toiletries in the room. The room was small but, I expected that based on reviews of amsterdam. It was quite updated and cozy for me.

The staff was absolutely incredible. Every single receptionist I encountered was helpful with directions, recommendations on places to eat, which way to walk. I felt like this is how every hotel experience should be.

The location is one block away from The Van Gogh museum, 5-7 min walk to the Heinekan experience (and through a very charming, non touristy neighborhood), 7-10 min walk to Leidesplein. There is a bus and tram stop one block away. Bus 197 brings you directly here from the airport for 5 Euros.

Overall I would stay here again if I ever visited amsterdam! It was the perfect hotel traveling solo. The refrigerator was really helpful to keep drinks and food, that I purchased at a grocery store (late night hunger, and food is very expensive in Amsterdam!)

The only downside was that there was no complimentary internet. Which originally was a requirement for me. This was the only missing star. Regardless I would still stay here again. The hotel cost was high, but I booked very last minute. Plan ahead you wont be disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo