“Good position and nice rooms.”

WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam
Ranked #91 of 364 Hotels in Amsterdam
GreenLeadersBronze level
Milan, Italy
“Good position and nice rooms.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012 via mobile

Good choiche for visit Amsterdam.great position and very nice rooms.beds are not confortable,i could not sleep well.I suggest to book here because the hotel is in a quite area close to the river,the centre and the station

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Mummy2003
EJBAmsterdam, General Manager at WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, 26 August 2012
Dear Mummy2003,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to read you have not slept very well. I took a look to the bed you have slept in personally and changed the mattras accordingly.

I hope we may welcoming you again to experience this.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

Stayed here for one night having checked out early from another hotel as it was so poor and wished I'd booked here sooner! The rooms here are fantastic. Spotlessly clean, modern decor and quite honestly I was wowed when i walked in. Very modern, with glass walled bathroom!, the beds were so comfortable. I got a great night's sleep. The layout was great, you could either lie in bed to watch the TV or sit at the desk. The room was very stylish, as was the rest of the hotel.

Reception staff were great, made good recommendations and were very helpful. The location of the hotel is perfect, near main attractions and the tram stop is right outside. Free wifi worked perfectly and the shower gels in bathroom were very nice. The rain shower was a treat and so relaxing.

Next time I am in Amsterdam I will definitely be returning. Very impressive given the low price.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Aliv1979
Dear Aliv1979,

Thank you so much for sharing your positve comments and recommendations with us and future guests. I will definitely share this with the rest of my team.

I hope we may welcoming you again soon.

Amsterdam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

The hotel was in a perfect location and the value for money was spot on.

The rooms were clean, modern and of a good size. The free wifi was great for planning days out. I would definitely stay again and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Richard W
Dear Richard W,

Thank you so much for your 5-star review. I am pleased to read that you have had a comfortable stay with us and you can recommend the hotel to everyone.

I hope we may welcoming you back in the near future.

Reading, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

We stayed in the hotel for 2 nights but found our room to be way too small as it was located in a corner of the building so narrowed towards the window. When I spoke to reception about the size of the room I was told that all of the rooms were the same size but on the morning we checked out I noticed that the rooms along the corridor from us which were being cleaned were much bigger than ours. The location of the hotel is great but we will not be staying there again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bgos123
Dear Bgos123,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. It is indeed correct that we have different rooms. All of them have a different size due to the building structure. We always try to serve our guests as best as we possibly can. Sometimes we could offer you another room, however on that specific day we were fully booked.

I hope we may welcoming you again when you are travelling to Amsterdam in the future. You can contact me directly at erikjan.bausch@westcordhotels.nl

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2012 via mobile

Bit late writing this review but felt I should as I really enjoyed my stay here. Reception area is lovely, hotel is decorated beautifully. Stayed for 3nights with my boyfriend, room was quite small but this is never an issue for us as its just a place to sleep. Loved the design of the room, carpet on the wall unusual but quirky touch! Bed was really comfortable, and room was lovely and clean. Also had tea and coffee making facilities in room. Bathroom was spotless, however, be warned that it has glass walls! Not much privacy, but we had a good laugh at this.

Location good, minutes away from shops and cafes. To be honest, nothing particularly bad to say about this hotel at all, glass walls in bathroom just a minor issue really. I would stay here again and would definitely recommend for people travelling on a budget who still want a quality hotel.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank Katiegriffiths8
Dear Katiegriffiths8,

Thank you so much for your review. I am pleased to read that you have had a pleasent stay with us and we may welcoming you back in the near future.

Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2012

We stayed in another similar rated hotel on the same street near the train station but moved after one night to this hotel. It saved our trip because it had a nice feel, AC and great staff. We will be back. Thank you.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ed R
Dear Ed R,

Thank you very much your review. I am happy that we could save your trip to Amsterdam and meet your expectatiions.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.