“Good little hotel with a great location !!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam
Ranked #94 of 362 Hotels in Amsterdam
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Good little hotel with a great location !!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2013 via mobile

Very nice clean hotel bang in the heart of Amsterdam. A 5 minute walk from the dam square is fantastic , good service and very friendly staff. Only negative thing i can say about my stay was the bathroom , not enough privacy but hey it makes up for it in other areas. I would stay here again anytime , great value !!

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Zain R
erikjanbausch, General Manager at WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, 11 January 2013
Dear Zain R,

Thank you for you stay at our hotel and your positive review. I am happy to read you have enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope to welcoming you back again soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2013

We stayed for just one nigth at the WestCord City Centre Hotel and we can agree with most of the comments here:
- clean and convenient
- small rooms, but it didn't bother us too much
- we had a double bed as requested
- very friendly staff (we could access the room 3 hours before check-in time)
- excellent location

Only remark is that the beds are very soft...

As we only booked our stay 12 hours in advance and there was a good deal on their website, we certainly got value for money. If I see the regular prices, I would need to think twice whether it then would still be value for money.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear DorienenBert,

I have just read your review of your stay in our hotel and would like to thank you for your kind words! It was a pleasure having you as our guest.

Magherafelt
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2013 via mobile

Stayed in 1-19 and its so small we hv to set our suitcases on the beds as no floor space. Bsthrooms so small you have to pull door outwards an be glad ur not big boned to fit inshower and small toilet space. No milk with tea making facilities. Plus it is two single beds pushed together when i specifically ordered double bed. Its clean enough but as i brought my husband here for his 30th im very disappointed overall. Location is good.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank KazPat06
erikjanbausch, General Manager at WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, 6 January 2013
Dear KazPat06,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us. I am sorry for the fact you did not like your room. It is indeed correct your room is not facing a street, but therefore it is more quite.

I will make sure we will have a streetview room available for your next visit.

I hope we may welcoming you again in the future.

Lisbon, Portugal
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2013

small and smelly room; not well cleaned every day; I didn't like the bed neither the light switch location (on bed header and light can be lighted up when sleeping...this happened a few times with me); some of the personnel are nice, other one not that much (I was trying to sleep with the "don't disturb" sign on door, but even that way they waked me up with a phone call to my room to ask me if I wanted my room cleaned up); breakfast was good; quiet hotel and nicely located. In my opinion it's a average hotel in a good location but compared with other hotels in other cities this hotel is small and not very comfortable. in other words: I was told all hotels in amsterdam city center were expensive and small...

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Dear adrgod,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. I will discuss the points of attention with the staff involved so we can improve our service directly.

I am glad to read you have enjoyed your breakfast with us.

I hope I may welcome you again in the near future.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2013

This hotel was a very short walk from the Amsterdam Central train station. It's on a nice street. Checking into our hotel was quick and efficient. I thought it was a nice touch to have the flat screen with my name on it that said "Welcome." We booked the standard room offered. The bathroom was really big, clean and modern. I'm picky when it comes to cleanliness and it met my standards. The room was a good size. I will say that the bed wasn't that comfortable because it's basically two pushed together; I saw that a lot during my European hotel search. It was within walking distance of Anne Frank Haus, Vondel Park and the Red Light District. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank C K
Dear Cece1998,

I have just read your 5-star review of your stay in our hotel and would like to thank you for your kind words! It was a pleasure having you as our guest.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2013

We used this hotel for a New Year break. The hotel is in an excellant location, walking distance to Dam Square, Central Station and a number of attractions. The staff were very helpful, informative and pleasant. We found the glass bathroom quirky as we have been friends for many years and travelled together a lot. I would imagine that some might find it a problem but the information on the hotel shows very clearly the facilities available, so the set up should not be a surprise! We did not dine in the hotel as there was a great sandwich bar and smoothie bar at the end of the hotel block (turn right out of the hotel heading away from Central Station) and dining facilities all around. The tram stop is right outside the hotel. We bought a 3 day pass for 15 euros that gave us 3 days unlimited travel on trams and buses. All in all, we would highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: We took account of other reviews and requested a room high up. We were given a 5th floor room overl...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank LadybirdS20
Dear ladybirdS20,

famagousta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2012

Very nice hotel location in the center nice breakfast . Little small the rooms no lobby .... Self service drink if you want to stat at lobby . But from the other hand in Amsterdam you don't want to stay in a hotel lobby. Must change towels every day not very 2 days.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Dear Panospana,

Thank you very much for your review after your recent stay with us. I am happy to read you have enjoyed your stay with us.

The reason why we do not change towels every day is that we try to help to environment. There is also a hanger is your room explaining this. Of course, whe you would like to have fresh towels, you can drop them on the floor.

I hope I may welcoming you again soon.