“Nice Hotel”

WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam
Ranked #84 of 374 Hotels in Amsterdam
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 24 February 2013

Very nice quiet hotel, situated in the the heart of Amsterdam, a two mintute stroll from Central Station. Rooms are fairly small, but very clean and modern. All have flat screen TV. Breakfast was extra and of the usual standard. We stayed for three nights and it was very good value, We will definately be using this hotel again very soon. The staff were very friendly also.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Phil L
erikjanbausch, General Manager at WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2013

Dear Phil L,

What a delight to read your review of your recent stay with us. Thank you for sharing this review on Tripadvisor.

I am very happy to read that the hotel and the staff have met your expectations!. I will pass on your compliments to my team!

Thank you for choosing our hotel and I hope we can welcome you again to WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam in the near future!

Reviewed 19 February 2013 via mobile

This place was absolutely lush compared to our last visit to Amsterdam!! Small rooms but big enough... Clean and quiet. Great location and staff were very very nice and helpful!!! When we come back we will be staying here!!!!

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Pam B

Dear Pam B,

I have just read your 5-star review of your stay in our hotel and would like to thank you for your kind words! It was a pleasure having you as our guest.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 18 February 2013

Very nice hotel located in the really city centre of Amsterdam. The guys of the reception were very polite and one of them spoke us in Spanish when he saw our last names...and he was funny! The room was a little small but enough for us. There was no noise in all night and the bed was really confortable. It's expensive (110 e night without breakfast), but I think you pay the ubication.

1  Thank Jose T

Dear Jose T,

Reviewed 17 February 2013

This hotel is good value for money, it was our first stay in Amsterdam. I traveled with my partner and stayed for Valentines 13-16th. It is so close to central station and Dam square etc which makes such a good base for all the attractions. The tram line is right outside as well for the Heineken and house of Bols as they are a bit further. Rooms were nice and bathroom was cool, all spotlessly clean, the shower was good. I felt the room was just the right size for a city break and was really cosy. We had breakfast included in our package and it was good for setting you up for the day well worth 12.50 for the two of us. Overall we had a great stay. There is a restaurant directly facing the hotel called Humphrey's that does a really nice 3 course for 25 euro with a lovely wine list. I'm jealous of anyone going soon, can't wait to go back.

1  Thank LinziB_13

Dear LinziB_13,

Reviewed 16 February 2013

I stayed here with my husband 12 -15 February 2013. It is perfectly located about 5 - 10 minutes walk from Central Station. The room was compact, which we had expected from reading reviews on trip advisor! And it didn't bother us at all. The room was spotlessly clean and warm throughout our stay. The bathroom was sparkling clean and shower lovely and powerful. The bed linen & towels were a good quality and the bed was comfortable. It was helpful to have a kettle and tea / coffee in the room. The reception staff were very polite and helpful. I would have given 5 stars if we could have had a double bed! We didn't like the twin mattresses! We didn't eat in the restaurant here. The hotel is brilliantly located in the city.

1  Thank MissMental

Dear MissMental,

Thank you for nice review on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay! I hope that we may have the chance to welcome you again in the near future! We also have double beds available. We will allocate you such a rom at your next visit.

Reviewed 30 January 2013

me and my husband stayed here last week and it was very nice,it was clean and in a very good location only a few mins walk from everything,would definitely book again.we had a great time and can't wait to come back.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank lullyBath
erikjanbausch, General Manager at WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2013

Dear lullyBath,

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 28 January 2013

I have no complaints about this hotel other than the fact that the room size did not reflect the price we paid per night for this hotel. The room was very small but it worked in our favor as we did not spend much time there, we were too busy exploring the city. Frosted bathroom windows look nice but in reality they are inconvenient and very impersonal. Rooms were very clean and the beds were extremely comfy. The location is great! A simple 5min walk to both Central Station and Dam Square. Load of restaurants and bars nearby and the tram was right outside your front door. Security feature; You will need your room key to access the hotel after midnight - great idea. The front desk staff were extremely helpful. Overall the WestCord was an excellent place to stay for the weekend.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank HeatherEliseK

Dear HeatherEliseK,

Thank you very much for writing a review on Tripadvisor. I am happy to read you find us an excellent place to stay with extremely helpfull staff.

I hope we may welcoming you soon again.

Kind regards,