“Great location, nice view”

WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam
Ranked #90 of 367 Hotels in Amsterdam
GreenLeadersBronze level
Plano, Texas
“Great location, nice view”
Reviewed 29 August 2014

This is just a few minutes walk from the Central train station and the street car has a stop right outside. The room was a little small but clean and updated with a great shower. We had a room on the front 5th floor and the view was lovely. The young people at the front desk were very friendly and always eager to help.There was also a skip the line free ticket to many of the museums,etc. I would stay again. It's within walking distance to almost all the must see site. Lots of small shops, restaurants and grocery nearby.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Janb3321
erikjanbausch, General Manager at WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
Dear Janb3321,

Thank you for your reveiw on Tripadvisor. Your positive comments about the room and especially our staff is highly appreciated.

We are looking forward to welcoming you soon again.

erikjan.bausch@westcordhotels.nl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Long check in time. First day, Tuesday the 26th of September, 8.30: somebody knocks at your door and all the doors of your corridor saying aloud "good morning". Great alarm system to wake up. What if I wanted to sleep until 9.30 (business I came for starts at 1pm)?
Every night, people talking aloud on the corridor at 2am -and I came here for work. Doors closed with noise in the night.
Exit door also closed with lot of noise during the night.
Small rooms, got a twin bed and I am alone in the room.
Today, I left the room at 10 and when I came back around 2.30pm in order to fetch something, cleaning had not been done yet. What if I needed to rest in the afternoon? Nice to find the hair of the cleaner on the bed sheets.
Location still good to reach the Beurs van Berlage.
Overall, overpriced hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Franca I
LotteDijkmans, Manager at WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, 30 August 2014
Dear Franca I,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. Are you currently still in the hotel? In that case please contact the reception desk (Sushmita and Mohamed are at your service tonight) to give us the opportunity to show you your recent experience with our housekeeping is at no means in coherence with the standards of our hotel. Our cleaning staff has fixed floors per person and so I can easily prevent this from happening if you could inform me with your roomnumber.

Our cleaning takes place from 9 AM to 6PM, and so I could process your request for early cleaning, if not for tomorrow than at least for your following visit?

To be short: we would love to be in personal contact with you and so I hope to be hearing from you.

Warmest regards,

Lotte Dijkmans van Gunst
Assistant General Manager
lotte.dijkmansvangunst@westcordhotels.nl
Dubai
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Location, clean.
Five minutes walk from central station. Close to everything. Rooms small, like most Amsterdam hotel rooms, but clean, comfortable & have everything you require.
Breakfast good. Receptionist friendly & helpful. Area in lobby with snacks & drinks for purchase.
Only problem was one night the fire alarm kept going off. Very annoying. Ended up down in lobby to be told it is false alarm.
But generally a good little hotel.

Room Tip: If you want a double bed, not twin beds pushed together make sure you ask for this in booking.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Martina S
Dear Martina S,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Tripadvisor and staying with us already before. I apologize again for the inconvenience caused by the fire alarm, but I happy to read you have had a good experience with us in general.

As your already mentioned I am happy to welcome you again soon!

Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2014

We actually stayed here Dec 2012 for NYE, and I never got around to writing a review. I really wanted to write one as I thought highly of this hotel!

Myself and 3 other friends stayed here and we had a great time.

The beds were super comfy and big, pillows not too great but they never are in hotels!

The hotel is just a short walk from the Dam Sqaure and is accessable to all the major sites and train station by foot.

One thing we noticed was that there were shower caps over the fire alarms in our room, we reported this straight away and they charged the previous occupents for this!

There was a little room with an ironing board and iron in it which was handy.

The rooms and the hotel itself is very clean and tidy.

I would return to this hotel and also recommend it.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank xxLaniexx
Dear xxLaniexx,

Thank you for sharing your review with us and other guests on Tripadvisor. That it is almost 2 years ago since your last stay and you still remember us, says something :-)

Thank you for recommending us to your friends and we are looking forward to welcoming you soon.

Alberta
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We only stayed here one night, and if you're looking for a nice, clean room with a great location then I'd recommend this hotel. I can't say enough about this location, it's a few minutes walk to central Amsterdam (Red Light, Dam Square Damrak) but a few minutes in the other direction and you're in the Jordaan (my FAVOURITE part of Amsterdam). Plus it's only a 5 minutes from Centraal Station which is nice if you have luggage. We arrived at noon and was thrilled that they were able to accommodate our early check in. I can't for the life of me remember what room we were in but our window faced Spuistraat which was great because we didn't have a lot of noise during the night. The room was lovely and clean and the bed was GREAT and so was the shower!! It was really nice to come back to a comfy bed after a day of travelling. This was my 3rd stay in Amsterdam but the first time in a hotel since we were only there for the night (I've stayed in a houseboat every other time and if you're in Amsterdam for an extended period of time it's the only way to stay...seriously DO IT!). The staff were so helpful and nice, I'd stay here again without a doubt.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear JoCanadian,

What a de light to read your 5-star review of your recent experience at our hotel! We always try to have our rooms ready as soon as possible to have early arriving guests a good rest.

Your comments about the beds and the service are highly appreciated.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

Love this hotel for a base to explore Amsterdam, staff are friendly and helpful, rooms are clean, great bathroom (a glass box no issue for me and hubs) and super soft bed. The only thing that I could moan about were the cleaners that wanted to clean our room every morning at 9am, however this would not stop me booking here for a 3rd time.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear MrsM101,

Thank you for your review. As a guest of our hotel for the second time already I am glad that we meet your expectations every time and that you are booking us again in the future.

Please contact me directly in case of any questions.

Switzerland
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We spent two days here in July and it was the perfect location. At check-in we asked for the best room and the receptionist (can't remember her name unfortunately) gave us one with a great view. We had friends staying in the same hotel and their view was onto another building and we had the skyline of Amsterdam - best ever! Breakfast was included and also very good. The breakfast staff was very nice and friendly - a definite plus! Location was great, you can walk everywhere which is definitely worth staying in the city for. Will choose this hotel again and can only recommend it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Janine H
erikjanbausch, General Manager at WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear Janine H,

What a delight to read your review regarding your recent stay with us. As you already mentioned we try our upmost best to meet your room preferences. I am happy you have had a wonderful stay and am looking forward to welcoming you again soon.