Hotel Estherea
W Amsterdam(Amsterdam)
  • Pool
Hotel Cordial(Amsterdam)
4,170 results
All reviewssingel canalbeautiful hotelcanal view roomdam squarecomplimentary coffeewithin walking distancejacuzzi bathdeluxe roomnine streetsperfect locationlobby areapublic areasanne frank houseflower marketloved this hotellovely roomwalked everywhere
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 March 2011

Truly central hotel. Pick the canal view if you can (obviously more expensive but it's worth it). Friendly staff. Next time we go to Amsterdam, we won't need to look for another place to stay. This is it!!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2011

This is the 2nd time I have stayed here in the past 6 months and will be sure to stay again. Make no mistake this is a very understated, comfortable boutique hotel on on of Amsterdams pretty canals. It is clean, quiet, comfortable and as I mentioned understated. I like the fact that it is not a cookie cutter chain, but more like a private club. The lobby although small leads into a lovely lounge area with books and newspapers. The rooms although not large are very comfortable and clean. I would describe the decor as 'traditional' and perhaps ever so slightly fussy, but the comfort and cleanliness is out of this world. I haven't had breakfast here either of the times I stayed so can't comment on that, or room service. It is very well located on 'Singel' and you definitely feel as though you are in a part of Amsterdam that is more local in feel, although just 2 minutes from Royal Palace. There are several bars, restaurants, cafes and coffeeshops within a couple of minutes walk.

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed 6 March 2011

Stayed 2 nights at this hotel. It was the cleanest most opulent hotel I have ever stayed in. The staff were lovely, complementary coffee, hot chocolate, cakes, biscuits and huge jars of sweets available all day. Rooms were big enough and the beds were comfortable. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed 6 March 2011

This is a beautiful hotel in a central location, we found it to be clean and very well presented.
The staff were polite and I had mentioned it was my partners birthday in the booking and they had provided some chocolates and a 'happy birthday' note which was a very kind touch. We had a nice canal view and breakfast was plentiful and available til 11am.
On the downside the room was very small (my 6'3 partner banged his head in the roof of the shower!) and the sleep quality wasn't great as the cleaners start hoovering the corridors at 9am - i realise its not late but we were on holiday!!
I wasn't blown away but I felt it was a good value package (used trivago.com) and would probably stay again if we returned to Amsterdam.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2011

We could not ask for a better location. The hotel was decent at best but the location could not be beat. We found the level of service to be hit or miss depending on who was on shift. Overall, great value and location. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends