“The most lovely hotel, can't wait to go back !”
Review of Hotel Estherea

Hotel Estherea
Ranked #16 of 372 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Stayed at the lovely Hotel Estherea this past April, and I (and my family) absolutely adored this hotel! Charming doesn't begin to describe it, the staff couldn't have been friendlier, and the rooms are impeccably decorated, each with its own unique motif (the only caveat here is that like most European hotels, the rooms are on the small side). The hotel was spotless, the common areas were beautiful, and the free hot drinks and cookies/cake added a nice touch. All this with a really good location, close to everything but still manages to be quiet and peaceful. Don't look anywhere else, this is the best if you are looking for a well-situated, delightful and well appointed hotel in Amsterdam.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Flauless stay. The hotel is very clean both in the common areas and the rooms. Very good food and a big variety of it. Excellent service and very welcoming staff. The hotel is at a very central location and an easy reach to all the main attractions.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Great location, Staff always very helpful, very clean and the wood grain panelling all around the ground floor reception area looked fantastic, lovely atmosphere, breakfast was good and well presented

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I am a stickler for a clean hotel and this one fit the bill. I knew it would be charming and in a perfect location, but you never know how clean a hotel will be. I found this hotel to be well maintained with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Our bed was SO comfortable and our bathroom quite large for a smaller room- it had both a shower and a large soaking tub with jets. My husband and I enjoyed walking everywhere while in Amsterdam thanks to the central location of this hotel. I would suggest this hotel to anyone who prefers a boutique hotel experience with the convenience and high standards of a larger chain.

1  Thank AllieK123
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Great food, interior design and staff! The hotel took care of our every need and we have recommended it to all our friends. Very romantic and family friendly - depending on your needs. Amsterdam made easy!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I recently stayed at the Estherea with my wife. It was perhaps my 15th stay, but my wife's first visit. To my relief, my wife loved the place as much as I do. Like many hotels in Amsterdam, and Europe in General, the rooms are not large, but they are comfortable, especially the beds. The service is great and the location is tough to beat. The breakfasts are very good and the front desk provides solid restaurant recommendations, while also making every effort to get reservations. It's my go to hotel in Amsterdam.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Had never traveled to the Netherlands before and went onto TripAdvisor to call up hotels. This ranked in the 90% and I was curious. After reading the reviews and looking at people's pictures I decided my husband and I needed to try it. It is our last stop on our three week trip from Barcelona to Nice, France, Lake Como and now here.

When we entered the double doors into the lobby my mouth fell open! Absolutely stunning! Victorian furniture, huge glass chandeliers, beautiful drapery, amazing aquarium, the smell of fresh flowers in every room downstairs. I would expect royalty to be staying here. We don't usually stay in such beautiful hotels. Our room is a court side room and it is beautiful. The best part is the comfy mattress lied a Marriott Hotel. Not like the stiff hard beds in Europe. So nice to sleep comfortably. Everyday 24/7 coffee, hot chocolate and teas served in lobby and free. The most amazing cookies out on table every after noon (free) and juice and flavored waters. Hard candy and chocolates out 24/7 for the taking. Wow we felt spoiled. They give you an IPad to use in your room also.

I had read in the reviews that the hotel was in a great location and wow is it. We have Not taken any public transport in 6 days. We have walked the city each day!

Tips:

Do not miss the Rijksmuseum - Van Gogh Museum - Anne Frank Museum
Dinner Lucius (street behind hotel). Wonderful

(Reserve all museum tickets in advance or better yet buy the Holland Pass card at the hotel to save money on most attractions. It will give you a trolley bus service for 2 days. We did not use it since we walked everywhere)

Have fun. Great city, great people and great shopping!

Room Tip: First floor interior courtyard room was great to get to lobby and out the door quickly. No need to t...