“Lovely Hotel”
Review of Hotel Estherea

Hotel Estherea
Ranked #16 of 372 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 4 October 2009

I stayed on my own for one night at Hotel Estherea prior to joining up with a group tour. I actually had changed my hotel reservation about a week in advance of the trip after reading a recent string of negative reviews on Tripadvisor of the hotel that I had previously reserved. I was so pleased that I decided at the last minute to change to the Hotel Estherea instead. I arrived at 11am following my arrival on the redeye flight from the US, and my room was ready even though it was well before the designated check-in time. The room was small but very pretty, clean, and the bed was very comfortable. The location was great- centrally located to many of the tourist areas, just a few minutes walk to Dam Square, yet in a nice quiet neightborhood on the Singel Canal. My only disappointment was that I only could spend one night.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo

Reviewed 2 October 2009

The hotel was great except for the fact that the Wi-Fi was not free - it cost 10 Euro per night, PER DEVICE. I was travelling with my wife, and we both have laptops, and we both have iPhones, so that meant an extra €80 for a 2-night stay (O2 Ireland charges HUGE data roaming rates, so the €10 per day Wi-Fi fee was unfortunately still cheaper than paying the roaming charges on the iPhones). I am just frustrated when I go to a four star hotel, pay four-star rates, and then get soaked for the Internet access. Someone needs to tell the hotel management that everyone - and I mean everyone - uses Wi-Fi these days, and it should not be an "extra".

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank EuroYankee
Reviewed 29 September 2009

This is not a hotel that I would recomend to my worst enemy. Unfriendly staf that left us waiting for an hour (!) when checking in without explenation. The room was dirty, the bed broken (!) and there where blood stains on the sheets....we left of course after complaining. The staf refused to listned and charged us for the room...never been treated this way in a hotel before.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Hanna100
Reviewed 29 September 2009

I think that this hotel show the best correlation with Amsterdam.
It’s very compact and cozy. It is located in the foot availability to central square/area of Amsterdam and other central sights (including Van Gogh's museum).
Numbers very small, but modern enough, TV accepts many channels.
The excellent first floor from the general drawing room, it’s beautiful aquarium, ancient books.
It’s very tasty breakfast with very various components – both meat, and milky, and dessert food.
In my opinion, this hotel isn’t good for family rest with children, and it’s good for tourist groups, romantic relations and people of advanced age.

• Stayed: January 2007
Reviewed 23 September 2009

The staff couldn't have been more helpful and gracious. The room was super clean and very comfortable. We absolutely loved our stay here and would highly recommend it. We had read some reviews that were not favorable about this hotel and decided to try it anyway and are we glad we did! Frankly, I think some people aren't happy no matter what you do for them. The next time we visit Amsterdam this is where we will stay!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2009

I stayed in the Estherea in Amsterdam for 4 nights in June 2009 with my daughter (10) and we had a wonderful time, thanks to the lovely hotell Estherea. First, they gave us a small room, but we were moved the next day, and got a sunny, spacious room with pretty wallpaper, bedlinen, furniture and lamps. The location is first class, and the only thing that could have been better is to get a room overlooking the canal. Excellent breakfast, cosy and stylish reception area and very helpful staff.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank OsloSigne
Reviewed 21 September 2009

Totally relaxed atomosphere perfect position - near the centre of the city but in quiet classy area which had loads of cafes, resturants and bars near by. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were spotless and the whole hotel is decorated to a very high standard. Very comfortable beds with top quality bed linen and clean towels every day. Decadent but tasteful foyer and lounges . We loved it and would definately stay there again and would recommend the Estherea to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends