Hotel Estherea
W Amsterdam(Amsterdam)
  • Pool
Hotel Cordial(Amsterdam)
4,173 results
All reviewssingel canalbeautiful hotelcanal view roomdam squarecomplimentary coffeewithin walking distancejacuzzi bathdeluxe roomnine streetsperfect locationlobby areapublic areasanne frank houseflower marketloved this hotellovely roomwalked everywhere
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 February 2010

Went for my birthday and simply loved it! Lovely city lovely hotel!
Though they did give me a twin bed instead of a double inspite of a specific instruction and could not change it since they were fully booked they did upgrade me to a double with a better view the next night. Just be careful as you may miss the front entrance of the hotel , we almost did!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 9 February 2010

A perfectly located hotel for exploring Amsterdam, in a quiet but central location. The canal view room we had was really nice and comfortable, and good value for money, and the service at the hotel was nice and personal- We'll be back! Matter of fact - we have already booked our next visit.

1  Thank S-ELinna
Reviewed 5 February 2010

We had a three night stay in Hotel Estherea. We paid a supplement for a canal view room, which proved to be the right choice since our top-floor room was a good size with a very comfortable king-size bed and a spacious well-equipped bathroom; the 'his n' hers' wash basins were a nice touch, as were the toiletries provided. Traditional and sumptuous decor in the public rooms provided a warm winter welcome. The staff were friendly and helpful; we were particulaly impressed to be able to check into our room as soon as we arrived at the hotel at 11am. Complimentary coffee, tea, hot chocolate and cakes in the reception area were very welcome, but we took our own tea-making equipment to use in our room for early morning tea. The hotel breakfast is expensive at 16 euros per person and definitely not value for money. We went to 'Broodje Bert', which is a small cafe just a few yards away along the same side of the street, for breakfast costing 7 euros per person. We found some excellent restaurants close to the hotel for evening meals; these were: Casa di David, Singel 426 (Italian); De Theeboom, Singel 210 (French) and Haesje Claese, Spuistraat 275 (Dutch). All in all a super break.

3  Thank TravelbugBerkshire
Reviewed 4 February 2010

The hotel has a great location on the canal. lower floor, canal facing rooms can be noisy as the late hours come with folks returning home from nights out, but that doesn't diminish my enthusiasm one bit as we knew we were getting that and wanted the view, which was lovely. staff are friendly and helpful. free coffee/tea and snacks in the lobby. location is convenient to all you want to see in Amsterdam - we walked everywhere. rooms are nice - well decorated and clean. nicely sized for europe.

Reviewed 3 February 2010

That was very dissapointing! When I arrived at the hotel my impressions were very good as the beauty, style and service of the hotel fulfiled my expectances; however, after the two first nights I discovered a mouse entering to my room in the middle of the night.
Although the receptionist of the hotel first treated me as a stupid scary lady (mice are normal in Amsterdam); I have to recognise that the manager made everything he could to help me with the problem. After double check the room they protected the door in such a way to prevent other mouse coming inside; however, for me the incident was sufficient for disqualify this hotel as a future option.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business