Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Rose R
London, United Kingdom

A thoughtful, friendly, super professional and super cool place to stay.

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 17 May 2019via mobile
I was lucky enough to be booked into The Hoxton for a 2 night work trip this week. It’s a beautiful hotel in a great location on one of the canals in central Amsterdam.
On arrival day, my flight was delayed so I called ahead to make sure check in would be alright if I arrived quite late, I was pleasantly surprised by how friendly and welcoming the lady I spoke to was, even just on the phone. (Also reception is 24 hours, so it was no trouble at all).
When I arrived, it was probably the nicest welcome I’ve ever had to a hotel. The lady greeted me warmly like a friend, but in a super professional, cool way. She talked me through everything succinctly, offered me water, explained the way you can buy beer or wine to take to the room at supermarket prices (such a good idea - if I hadn’t been on a work trip I would have taken up the offer!) I immediately had confidence that I was staying at an excellent hotel.
The room was on the compact side however really well laid out to make it comfortable and cosy, the double bed was soooo comfortable (though just right for one and would have been on the small side if I’d been there with my partner). There are bigger rooms available though so perhaps I was just in the right sized room for a solo traveller.
The bathroom was very modern, trendy cool and super clean. The cubicle shower with rainforest head was perfect and the provided toiletries smelt amazing.
My favourite thing about the room was the attention to detail with the design, the decoration and little touches in every nook and cranny, even the thoughtfulness of housekeeping turning on the radio for me so I came in to music every time. All the amenities you could want were there but organised in such a way I felt like I was at home, not in a hotel - my favourite was the complimentary tea and coffee stored in a Delft-blue Amsterdam style china pot.
I didn’t eat in the restaurant but my colleagues said the food was delicious. The included breakfast of a breakfast-bag on the door is a really good idea, much preferred it to the usual super awkward thing of having to let room service in when bleary eyed and in a quickly-thrown on dressing gown at 7am lol. The juice, banana and yoghurt included are nice (juice is delicious) the yoghurt is a little on the bland side though so maybe something a little more exciting could be added.
Overall, the Hoxton is a fabulous choice, I would be thrilled if I had the opportunity to stay there again in the future and heartily recommend it.
Trip type: Travelled on business
Responded 20 May 2019
He Rosemarie,

WOW! What a lovely review to read, thank you so much for taking the time to share the kind words. It's great to see that all the attention to detail in the Hox does not go unnoticed and it looks like you've got a pretty good eye for it yourself too ;-). The nicest welcome you've ever had?! We'll take that! Your review made our day and we will make sure to share it with everybody in the team.

We'd be thrilled to get the opportunity to welcome you back Rosemarie, so don't hesitate to do so!

x the Hox.
4.0 miles from The Hoxton, Amsterdam
Free parking
View more hotels in Amsterdam
3,126 results
All reviews supermarket prices canal view cozy room cool vibe nine streets cool hotel perfect location each morning we loved our stay free breakfast amazing hotel dam square anne frank house rooms are small lottie hipster herengracht
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 May 2019 via mobile

We’ve always headed to The Hoxton for drinks as they do the best White Russian cocktails so this time thought we’d like to stay. It certainly lived up to our expectations and more. Such a warm and welcoming hotel with great amenities. The staff and their service were so good and always on hand to help and Nothing was too much. Well that’s how they made you feel :)
We’d definitely stay again and after wanting to stay here for so long we were not left disappointed.
The bar is open till 1 am so that’s always a bonus too ha

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MichaAMS, Front Office Manager at The Hoxton, Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2019

Well hello Jason,

How cool to read one of our Lotti's regulars decided to stay too and thanks for reviewing! We'll make sure to high-five the bar team and pass on your compliments ;). We are delighted to read the team were able to extend a warm welcome and kept it going throughout your stay. Also glad to read you like the amenities here and you are looking to stay again.

Don't wait too long!

Reviewed 17 May 2019

We were greeted very warmly the moment we arrived and felt we had a funky and pleasant base for our two nights in the city. Very clean, lovely furnishings and artistic touches, great bar/drinks menu, amazing recommendations on where to go, great staff. Breakfast bag a generous and welcome plus.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Blackgeoffrey

He there Sophie,

Glad to read you had a warm welcome to Amsterdam and the Hox and thanks for sharing your experience. We are also happy to read you enjoyed the cleanliness and the design of our pad, the drink offering in Lotti's and the recommendations from our Front Desk team. The free breakfast bag is a great perk, isn't it?

Make sure to come back soon Sophie, we can't wait!

Reviewed 16 May 2019

Spent 2 nights at the Hoxton Hotel in Amsterdam. The hotel faces and backs up to a canal. It is in located in an older section of Amsterdam, but within a 10 minute walk to shopping, restaurants, and Trams. The hotel is
well maintained, comfortable, with a friendly staff. The Hoxton has two elevators, a restaurant, and a bar. You can also purchase snacks at the Hotel Desk at supermarket prices. We found our room to be clean and comfortable. We will definitely stay there on our next visit to Amsterdam.

Suggest yo ask for a room with a canal view, the view is well worth the extra cost.

2  Thank Joanne R

He Joanne,

We are very lucky to be situated between two beautiful canals indeed and are happy our location worked out well for you too. Thank you for reviewing, it's much appreciated. We are glad to read you enjoyed our pad, your room, the team and our awesome Hox Shop.

We definitely can't wait to welcome you back!

Reviewed 15 May 2019

We stayed here for 3 nights in May and it was awesome - room was clean, spacious and had a fantastic view of the canal. Check-in was a breeze and the front desk staff were super helpful with any/all questions. The location was also ideal - near the Centraal station for trams and easy walking for everything else (we walked most of the time) and the neighborhood shops/restaurants were great.

We picked this place based on the reviews and it was definitely worth it! Would recommend this place to anyone going to AMS!

Room tip: Cosy Canal View room had lots of space/view for the better price
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi Annette,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us, especially because you chose us based on others sharing their experience! Your kind words are making us blush and we are so glad to read you liked your room and our location. Happy to read that our team was that accommodating too.

Thanks again for recommending and come back soon!

Reviewed 15 May 2019 via mobile

I have been fortunate enough to stay in a number of the Hoxton hotels and from my experience, they are consistent on every level when it comes to service and quality. From the moment you walk in the door you are greeted with a smile and the staff can’t do enough to help you. The rooms are well equipped and quiet which is good and snacks / drinks etc are available from reception at supermarket prices! Where do you ever see that in a hotel?!? There is ample room in the bar / lounge / restaurant area to relax or chill out if you want too. I will only stay in a Hoxton Hotel now if there is one in the area I am going to!

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Richard G
MichaAMS, Front Office Manager at The Hoxton, Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2019

He there,

Sounds like we have been fortunate enough to host you on multiple occasions! Thank you for taking the time to review and recommend. It's great to read you see and feel consistency throughout our properties and you feel right at home in our pads. Also glad to read you like the rooms, the food and drink offering in our restaurant and bar Lotti's and the Hox Shop offering.

You'll only stay in a Hoxton if possible? Hell yeah, we can't wait to have you back!