Lowest prices for your stay
£455
Pepzman
Virginia Beach, Virginia

Nice Hotel but not the Largest Room

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 22 May 2019via mobile
Enjoyed a two night stay here after our River Boat Cruise.
Stay was for the most parts very enjoyable. Just a couple of issues.
Enjoyed the Breakfast Bag. I ate the bananas, my wife ate the yogurt.
Luggage space was at a minimum, we had a larger room, not the largest. No place for luggage. No luggage rack(s).
Had to use both chairs in room to place luggage. Traveling from US, suitcases were very large. Made things kind of tight. Back to luggage, we had three pieces each. We were on floor #3, we get off elevators and carry luggage down about 10 steps, go a little further and go down three more steps, turn the corner and go down about 8 more steps, then go a little further and go down 3 more steps. After traveling for pretty much the whole day this made for a fun adventure moving all this luggage. Oh, we had to carry up in the reverse when checking out. I know this was not originally a hotel but still is set up kind of strange. One couple had to go up about 8 steps to there bathroom.
If we stayed here again I would ask for a room on first floor or closer to elevator.
Hotel got us a taxi on the first day, the gentleman was great, he asked where we were going and we told him to the train station. He again asked where are you going? We told him to see the Windmills. He told us he could take us and we wouldn’t have to take the train. Train was 36 euro per person to the Windmills round trip. Trip to train station 6 people would be 40 euros. Trip to Windmills would be 60 euros total, 20 euro per couple. He asked how long we would be, we told him about three hours. Three hours later he was waiting for us for our trip back to the Hoxton. He was so nice and gave us his card and we used him for the two days. We had an early flight to airport, had to be there at 7am, he was waiting for us at 6:30 am ready to go.
As I said enjoyed the couple of days, just a couple of little issues.
Would stay here again closer to elevators.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Responded 30 May 2019
He there,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! Very happy to read you enjoyed the breakfast bags and staying with us and had a nice time in and around Amsterdam too.

We are thankful for your feedback and understand carrying your heavy luggage up the stairs was challenging and not ideal, sorry to understand that we didn't offer you a helping hand and/or luggage rack which should have happened, we will make sure to review this with the team.

We would recommend you to book a bigger category for your next visit, the ROOMY room category and reach out to us so we can allocate you the room that we think you'd enjoy the most.

Looking forward to have you back here!

£188
    £166
0.6 miles from The Hoxton, Amsterdam
View more hotels in Amsterdam
3,108 results
All reviews supermarket prices canal view cozy room cool vibe nine streets cool hotel perfect location each morning we loved our stay free breakfast amazing hotel dam square anne frank house rooms are small lottie hipster herengracht
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 May 2019

We stayed for a long weekend and were very happy with our stay, in particular, friendly staff, nice breakfast menu with proper coffee, excellent location, cool non-corporate design. I would stay there again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marie8587
MichaAMS, Front Office Manager at The Hoxton, Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2019

He Marie,

Thank you for sharing the praising words, it was a pleasure to have you. Happy to read you liked the team, the breakfast and coffee offering and that our location worked well for you.

When are you coming back?

Reviewed 17 May 2019 via mobile

I was lucky enough to be booked into The Hoxton for a 2 night work trip this week. It’s a beautiful hotel in a great location on one of the canals in central Amsterdam.
On arrival day, my flight was delayed so I called ahead to make sure check in would be alright if I arrived quite late, I was pleasantly surprised by how friendly and welcoming the lady I spoke to was, even just on the phone. (Also reception is 24 hours, so it was no trouble at all).
When I arrived, it was probably the nicest welcome I’ve ever had to a hotel. The lady greeted me warmly like a friend, but in a super professional, cool way. She talked me through everything succinctly, offered me water, explained the way you can buy beer or wine to take to the room at supermarket prices (such a good idea - if I hadn’t been on a work trip I would have taken up the offer!) I immediately had confidence that I was staying at an excellent hotel.
The room was on the compact side however really well laid out to make it comfortable and cosy, the double bed was soooo comfortable (though just right for one and would have been on the small side if I’d been there with my partner). There are bigger rooms available though so perhaps I was just in the right sized room for a solo traveller.
The bathroom was very modern, trendy cool and super clean. The cubicle shower with rainforest head was perfect and the provided toiletries smelt amazing.
My favourite thing about the room was the attention to detail with the design, the decoration and little touches in every nook and cranny, even the thoughtfulness of housekeeping turning on the radio for me so I came in to music every time. All the amenities you could want were there but organised in such a way I felt like I was at home, not in a hotel - my favourite was the complimentary tea and coffee stored in a Delft-blue Amsterdam style china pot.
I didn’t eat in the restaurant but my colleagues said the food was delicious. The included breakfast of a breakfast-bag on the door is a really good idea, much preferred it to the usual super awkward thing of having to let room service in when bleary eyed and in a quickly-thrown on dressing gown at 7am lol. The juice, banana and yoghurt included are nice (juice is delicious) the yoghurt is a little on the bland side though so maybe something a little more exciting could be added.
Overall, the Hoxton is a fabulous choice, I would be thrilled if I had the opportunity to stay there again in the future and heartily recommend it.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank RosemarieR1987
MichaAMS, Front Office Manager at The Hoxton, Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2019

He Rosemarie,

WOW! What a lovely review to read, thank you so much for taking the time to share the kind words. It's great to see that all the attention to detail in the Hox does not go unnoticed and it looks like you've got a pretty good eye for it yourself too ;-). The nicest welcome you've ever had?! We'll take that! Your review made our day and we will make sure to share it with everybody in the team.

We'd be thrilled to get the opportunity to welcome you back Rosemarie, so don't hesitate to do so!

x the Hox.

Reviewed 17 May 2019 via mobile

We’ve always headed to The Hoxton for drinks as they do the best White Russian cocktails so this time thought we’d like to stay. It certainly lived up to our expectations and more. Such a warm and welcoming hotel with great amenities. The staff and their service were so good and always on hand to help and Nothing was too much. Well that’s how they made you feel :)
We’d definitely stay again and after wanting to stay here for so long we were not left disappointed.
The bar is open till 1 am so that’s always a bonus too ha

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Well hello Jason,

How cool to read one of our Lotti's regulars decided to stay too and thanks for reviewing! We'll make sure to high-five the bar team and pass on your compliments ;). We are delighted to read the team were able to extend a warm welcome and kept it going throughout your stay. Also glad to read you like the amenities here and you are looking to stay again.

Don't wait too long!

Reviewed 17 May 2019

We were greeted very warmly the moment we arrived and felt we had a funky and pleasant base for our two nights in the city. Very clean, lovely furnishings and artistic touches, great bar/drinks menu, amazing recommendations on where to go, great staff. Breakfast bag a generous and welcome plus.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Blackgeoffrey

He there Sophie,

Glad to read you had a warm welcome to Amsterdam and the Hox and thanks for sharing your experience. We are also happy to read you enjoyed the cleanliness and the design of our pad, the drink offering in Lotti's and the recommendations from our Front Desk team. The free breakfast bag is a great perk, isn't it?

Make sure to come back soon Sophie, we can't wait!

Reviewed 16 May 2019

Spent 2 nights at the Hoxton Hotel in Amsterdam. The hotel faces and backs up to a canal. It is in located in an older section of Amsterdam, but within a 10 minute walk to shopping, restaurants, and Trams. The hotel is
well maintained, comfortable, with a friendly staff. The Hoxton has two elevators, a restaurant, and a bar. You can also purchase snacks at the Hotel Desk at supermarket prices. We found our room to be clean and comfortable. We will definitely stay there on our next visit to Amsterdam.

Suggest yo ask for a room with a canal view, the view is well worth the extra cost.

2  Thank Joanne R

He Joanne,

We are very lucky to be situated between two beautiful canals indeed and are happy our location worked out well for you too. Thank you for reviewing, it's much appreciated. We are glad to read you enjoyed our pad, your room, the team and our awesome Hox Shop.

We definitely can't wait to welcome you back!