Lowest prices for your stay
£398
Fully refundable before Sat, 8 Jun
Hotels.com
pfkohler

Awesome stay

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 27 May 2019via mobile
Always nice to stay at the Hoxton. Attentive and friendly staff and just an awesome Hotel. Cool vibes, good coffee and Drinks. Just a pleasure to be there and enjoy the time at the bar or upstairs at the library.
Second stay and didn‘t disappoint. First thing I was asked if I wanted a water and even though this might be a „small“ gesture I was just pleased. Location is great too whether for shopping or dining and even for walking the Canals day or night just perfectly situated. Can only recommend it!
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Responded 30 May 2019
He there,

It was a pleasure to have you here again! Thank you for taking the time to review and recommend too. We are thrilled to read you like the team, the vibe in our pad and the drinks here (especially the coffee). Also really glad to read the guys at the desk were able to make you feel right at home and comfortable from the get go, that's what it's all about!

Come back soon, we can't wait!

£196
1.6 miles from The Hoxton, Amsterdam
1.9 miles from The Hoxton, Amsterdam
View more hotels in Amsterdam
3,108 results
All reviews supermarket prices canal view cozy room cool vibe nine streets cool hotel perfect location each morning we loved our stay free breakfast amazing hotel dam square anne frank house rooms are small lottie hipster herengracht
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 May 2019 via mobile

What a wonderful hotel!
We particularly loved the 'little' breakfast in which your packed-breakfast is delivered to your bedroom door at the time of your choosing (included in price)
We also loved the Blank in-house toiletries... Very luxurious.
The staff are welcoming, knowledgeable and attentive without being intrusive.
A carton of milk in the fridge 👍
Would recommend this place without hesitation.
PS did not feel ripped off at all during our stay... No expensive room bar... Just buy what you want from reception at supermarket prices. How refreshing!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank jilly122333
MichaAMS, Front Office Manager at The Hoxton, Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2019

He Jilly,

What a wonderful review! So glad to read you enjoyed the free breakfast bag perk and our line of bathroom products, Blank. We are also happy to know you enjoyed our team and the free minibar with additional items in our Hox shop at supermarket prices.

Thanks for recommending and make sure to come back soon yourself too!

Reviewed 25 May 2019 via mobile

Always nice staff. Good clean room. Great location.
Return guest complimentary chocolate with handwritten note is nice. Free breakfast bags of banana, muesli yoghurt and fresh orange juice is always a treat.

Will definitely be back for a fourth visit sometime soon.

Trip type: Travelled solo

Hey there Doug,

Thank you coming back yet again and also taking the time to review. We're happy to read you like the rooms and their cleanliness plus that our location works well for you. Also glad you enjoy our team, the free breakfast bag and the lil' note we left for you.

Make sure to come back for your 4th time soon!

Reviewed 22 May 2019 via mobile

Enjoyed a two night stay here after our River Boat Cruise.
Stay was for the most parts very enjoyable. Just a couple of issues.
Enjoyed the Breakfast Bag. I ate the bananas, my wife ate the yogurt.
Luggage space was at a minimum, we had a larger room, not the largest. No place for luggage. No luggage rack(s).
Had to use both chairs in room to place luggage. Traveling from US, suitcases were very large. Made things kind of tight. Back to luggage, we had three pieces each. We were on floor #3, we get off elevators and carry luggage down about 10 steps, go a little further and go down three more steps, turn the corner and go down about 8 more steps, then go a little further and go down 3 more steps. After traveling for pretty much the whole day this made for a fun adventure moving all this luggage. Oh, we had to carry up in the reverse when checking out. I know this was not originally a hotel but still is set up kind of strange. One couple had to go up about 8 steps to there bathroom.
If we stayed here again I would ask for a room on first floor or closer to elevator.
Hotel got us a taxi on the first day, the gentleman was great, he asked where we were going and we told him to the train station. He again asked where are you going? We told him to see the Windmills. He told us he could take us and we wouldn’t have to take the train. Train was 36 euro per person to the Windmills round trip. Trip to train station 6 people would be 40 euros. Trip to Windmills would be 60 euros total, 20 euro per couple. He asked how long we would be, we told him about three hours. Three hours later he was waiting for us for our trip back to the Hoxton. He was so nice and gave us his card and we used him for the two days. We had an early flight to airport, had to be there at 7am, he was waiting for us at 6:30 am ready to go.
As I said enjoyed the couple of days, just a couple of little issues.
Would stay here again closer to elevators.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MichaAMS, Front Office Manager at The Hoxton, Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2019

He there,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! Very happy to read you enjoyed the breakfast bags and staying with us and had a nice time in and around Amsterdam too.

We are thankful for your feedback and understand carrying your heavy luggage up the stairs was challenging and not ideal, sorry to understand that we didn't offer you a helping hand and/or luggage rack which should have happened, we will make sure to review this with the team.

We would recommend you to book a bigger category for your next visit, the ROOMY room category and reach out to us so we can allocate you the room that we think you'd enjoy the most.

Looking forward to have you back here!

Reviewed 20 May 2019

We stayed for a long weekend and were very happy with our stay, in particular, friendly staff, nice breakfast menu with proper coffee, excellent location, cool non-corporate design. I would stay there again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marie8587
MichaAMS, Front Office Manager at The Hoxton, Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2019

He Marie,

Thank you for sharing the praising words, it was a pleasure to have you. Happy to read you liked the team, the breakfast and coffee offering and that our location worked well for you.

When are you coming back?

Reviewed 17 May 2019 via mobile

I was lucky enough to be booked into The Hoxton for a 2 night work trip this week. It’s a beautiful hotel in a great location on one of the canals in central Amsterdam.
On arrival day, my flight was delayed so I called ahead to make sure check in would be alright if I arrived quite late, I was pleasantly surprised by how friendly and welcoming the lady I spoke to was, even just on the phone. (Also reception is 24 hours, so it was no trouble at all).
When I arrived, it was probably the nicest welcome I’ve ever had to a hotel. The lady greeted me warmly like a friend, but in a super professional, cool way. She talked me through everything succinctly, offered me water, explained the way you can buy beer or wine to take to the room at supermarket prices (such a good idea - if I hadn’t been on a work trip I would have taken up the offer!) I immediately had confidence that I was staying at an excellent hotel.
The room was on the compact side however really well laid out to make it comfortable and cosy, the double bed was soooo comfortable (though just right for one and would have been on the small side if I’d been there with my partner). There are bigger rooms available though so perhaps I was just in the right sized room for a solo traveller.
The bathroom was very modern, trendy cool and super clean. The cubicle shower with rainforest head was perfect and the provided toiletries smelt amazing.
My favourite thing about the room was the attention to detail with the design, the decoration and little touches in every nook and cranny, even the thoughtfulness of housekeeping turning on the radio for me so I came in to music every time. All the amenities you could want were there but organised in such a way I felt like I was at home, not in a hotel - my favourite was the complimentary tea and coffee stored in a Delft-blue Amsterdam style china pot.
I didn’t eat in the restaurant but my colleagues said the food was delicious. The included breakfast of a breakfast-bag on the door is a really good idea, much preferred it to the usual super awkward thing of having to let room service in when bleary eyed and in a quickly-thrown on dressing gown at 7am lol. The juice, banana and yoghurt included are nice (juice is delicious) the yoghurt is a little on the bland side though so maybe something a little more exciting could be added.
Overall, the Hoxton is a fabulous choice, I would be thrilled if I had the opportunity to stay there again in the future and heartily recommend it.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank RosemarieR1987
MichaAMS, Front Office Manager at The Hoxton, Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2019

He Rosemarie,

WOW! What a lovely review to read, thank you so much for taking the time to share the kind words. It's great to see that all the attention to detail in the Hox does not go unnoticed and it looks like you've got a pretty good eye for it yourself too ;-). The nicest welcome you've ever had?! We'll take that! Your review made our day and we will make sure to share it with everybody in the team.

We'd be thrilled to get the opportunity to welcome you back Rosemarie, so don't hesitate to do so!

x the Hox.