We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights in March 2014. When we arrived the first room we were given was very small, the size of a cupboard. When I opened the door I could do one step and be in bed! I was shocked of the size of the room and I went to the reception to ask for it to be changed. Reception staff was very helpful during our stay and they offered to change our room the next day (no free rooms were available that day). The second room we were given was a bit bigger but still very cramped. Bathrooms were also very small. We stayed in the second room we were given as we thought it would do for a weekend break.
What I found good about the hotel:
- good location, close to areas of interest, tram 9 takes you straight to Dam Square and Centraal Station - 7 stops in total
- staff was polite and they did help when we needed assistance
What I did not like about the hotel:
- the rooms were not clean, curtains were covered in thick layer of dust which filled the room as soon as the curtains were pulled. Kettles in both rooms looked grubby and sticky therefore we did not use them
- bad smell in both rooms - smells like they need a good scrub off
- the images available on the hotel website do not reflect the true size of the rooms - images make rooms look much bigger than they are (not very fair marketing).
- do not ask the hotel to call you a cab to take you back to the airport - we made this mistake and for a 20 minutes ride the cabbie charged us €65! We realised something was doggy when we were half way through the journey and the clock was spinning like mad charging each time 10 cents. I am appalled that the hotel uses such companies!
Overall the hotel was ok-ish , beds were comfortable, but if we were to chose again we would not stay at Hampshire again due to the above reasons and overall impression.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the greenest part of the centre of Amsterdam, the Hampshire Hotel Lancaster offers rooms in all sizes, from the individual traveller to families. The rooms have a private bathroom with shower, free wifi, coffee and tea facilities, tv and a safe in the room. In our lobby we offer free wifi and free coffee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Lastminute, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampshire Hotel - Lancaster Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eden Lancaster Amsterdam
- Hotel Eden Lancaster
- Eden Lancaster Hotel Amsterdam