Located in the Dam Square area and with easy access to local attractions and public transport it is located conveniently. However, the rooms are noisy and small. The noise is a combination of groaning timber frame construction (which amplifies every step made by your neighbors and the staff) and street noise, which varies in intensity throughout the day. The rooms are small and with few amenities. The heating system was impossible to use and we found ourselves sleeping in long underwear more than once. Nonetheless, I would return here again as the staff was excellent and the location ideal for us. However, I would ask for a room facing Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal, and not the street behind, if available.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Die Port van Cleve is a famous Dutch hotel located directly behind the Royal Palace & facing Dam Square. Due its central location, you will find many touristic and cultural sites within walking distance. Hotel Die Port van Cleve has a rich history. Heineken opened its first brewery in this building in 1864. Brasserie ‘De Poort’ is famous for its numbered steaks and Bar-Bodega ‘De Blauwe Parade’ has an unique Delft blue tile fresco dating from 1887. At the beginning of 2012, rooms were soft refurbished and all rooms were redecorated with references to the authentic tile fresco in the bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Jet2Holidays , Nozio Netplan srl, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Die Port van Cleve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Die Port Van Cleve Hotel Amsterdam
- Die Port Van Cleve Amsterdam
- Cleve Hotel Amsterdam