Very close to everything, next to Magna Mall and just one building across the street is the Dam Square. The restaurants, shops and bars are so close. There is a bar downstairs in the hotel. Since we were here for a layover, we just wanted a place to shower, get something to eat and take a bit of site-seeing. Due to the closeness of the hotel we were able to do all that in a very little time. The shuttle is not free, and you have to wait if you decide to take the hotel shuttle and it's a long wait to get here. We decided to take a taxi since we did not have a lot of time. It cost us about 50 euros. If you want to take the train from the airport, you can also do, since there is a stop right at the front of this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Die Port van Cleve is a famous Dutch hotel located directly behind the Royal Palace & facing Dam Square. Due its central location, you will find many touristic and cultural sites within walking distance. Hotel Die Port van Cleve has a rich history. Heineken opened its first brewery in this building in 1864. Brasserie ‘De Poort’ is famous for its numbered steaks and Bar-Bodega ‘De Blauwe Parade’ has an unique Delft blue tile fresco dating from 1887. At the beginning of 2012, rooms were soft refurbished and all rooms were redecorated with references to the authentic tile fresco in the bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Ebookers, Nozio Netplan srl, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, LateRooms and getaroom.com so you can book your Die Port van Cleve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Die Port Van Cleve Hotel Amsterdam
- Die Port Van Cleve Amsterdam
- Cleve Hotel Amsterdam