We stayed here for a city break from London. Unfortunately for us, it rained more in Amsterdam than it did in London that weekend, but we enjoyed the city despite the weather. The hotel was beautiful. It had new amenities without losing its classic charm. We enjoyed the jacuzzi in our room and the hand painted mugs. The service was wonderful and the front desk were really helpful in terms of sites to see and places to eat. The location is fantastic as it sits across from the central square. An absolute gem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Die Port van Cleve is a famous Dutch hotel located directly behind the Royal Palace & facing Dam Square. Due its central location, you will find many touristic and cultural sites within walking distance. Hotel Die Port van Cleve has a rich history. Heineken opened its first brewery in this building in 1864. Brasserie ‘De Poort’ is famous for its numbered steaks and Bar-Bodega ‘De Blauwe Parade’ has an unique Delft blue tile fresco dating from 1887. At the beginning of 2012, rooms were soft refurbished and all rooms were redecorated with references to the authentic tile fresco in the bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Jet2Holidays , Nozio Netplan srl, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, Agoda, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Die Port van Cleve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Die Port Van Cleve Hotel Amsterdam
- Die Port Van Cleve Amsterdam
- Cleve Hotel Amsterdam