American Hotel Amsterdam
US$163
US$154
Hotels.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel The Exchange(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$237
US$189
Agoda.com
XO Hotels Couture(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$142
Lloyd Hotel(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$107
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Mercure Hotel Amsterdam City(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$153
  • Restaurant
WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$258
US$153
  • Pool
XO Hotels Park West(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$131
Volkshotel(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$114
3,428 results
All reviewsgreat locationhampshire hotelbalcony overlooking the canalcanal tourbeautiful hotelmini barbars and restaurantsflower marketvan gogh museummuseum quartertram stopcentral locationdam squareleidsepleinamericaincityconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

The hotel looks great from the outside with its historical character. The restaurant looks great from the inside and one can have breakfast or dinner looking on a typical Amsterdam building.
The service and staff are very nice and helpful. The breakfast is reasonable and all taste very well. It's not an oh my god experience but it's good. You can ask for fried eggs and stuff. The coffee is good too:)

I had a small room with a balcony looking direction leidse plein. The room was small but nice. Bed very good and I slept very well.
The only thing that disturb me a lot was that the housekeeping didn't clean very well. There were several black hairs lying around and I'm a blond.... That's so gross to me. A no go...
Other then that, very nice.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank mjev
Rodolf_J_W, General Manager at American Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Dear Guest, thank you for your stay and your review posting. Our apologies for the omission in housekeeping. We hope to be able to welcome you again. With best regards,

Reviewed 12 January 2014

We only slept here, we had no breakfast, but it felt like sleeping in my own bed. Need I say more? So the bed was very comfortable, the location is perfect (in the centre of Amsterdam) but without the noise. I can really recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampshire Hotels
Rodolf_J_W, General Manager at American Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your stay and your review posting. We are happy to hear that our hotel was a "home-away-from-home". We hope to welcome you again. With best regards,

Reviewed 10 January 2014

I stayed in august and I was disappointed with the service, my flight arrived early and the receptionist did not allow me to chick in m she insisted that I wait until 3:00 p.m. , despite the fact that many rooms were available at the time (I checked that through the internet), I explained that hotels usually allow for early check in if rooms were available and that I am tired after a long flight, but the receptionist was completely uncooperative , almost rude, and uninterested in helping me. They believe that because of their central location they do not need to be nice to their customers. As to the room, the hotel is old and outdated , there are much better hotels in Amsterdam with better service and with the same price.

Room Tip: look for another hotel
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank al M

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your visit and your review posting. We regret that you perceived the service provided as unaccomodating. That certain rooms might be available, however can not be provided to the first waiting in line, has to do with the specific room type that was booked. The room type booked by you, unfortunately, was not ready before the guaranteed check-in at 15:00 hrs. The classical hotel is indeed old, 112 years old. The less contemporary rooms are scheduled for renovation this year. With best regards,

Reviewed 9 January 2014

I had a bite to eat and cocktail at the bar here. The restaurant was closed so we went to the bar area which suited us much better. Its informal and has a nice menu to choose from even for a teen. We had satay and it was yummy and caesar salad - pretty good - and some very rich fried cheese stick! Great bar selection. Best cocktail I had in Europe.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your visit and your review posting. Good to hear that you enjoyed our Bar Americain and its atmosphere. We hope to see you back. With best regards,

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Absolutely loved this hotel, brilliant location, very friendly and helpful staff, beautiful hotel and feature water fountain outside. Rooms were very nice, clean with nice bathroom facilities. Not a bad word to say about it, highly recommend if you want to stay just outside Central Amsterdam, only a 15-20 minute walk to the centre. Amazing will definitely stay there again if we return to Amsterdam in the future.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank dubsey
Rodolf_J_W, General Manager at American Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your stay and your review posting.
It is very rewarding for the team to notice that you had such a satisfactory visit to Amsterdam and our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back. Regards to the beautiful Isle of Wight!