Close to everything, Amsterdam city is relatively small, but I always personally enjoy staying near the Centraal Station, which I learned this weekend was built on 8000 wood pilings. Booked a club level room, on the 4th floor, but the club lounge is located on the main level, so I may think the hotel offers club rooms on different floors. Club lounge offerings were very good, for jet lagged travelers however, the fact it wasn't open 24 hours was a bit disappointing, but not entirely unexpected. Plenty of late night food options in Amsterdam, or even in the minibar are snacks, and the hotel has a limited 24 hour room service offering. Pizza I think and maybe some other simple items. The auto bill mini bar is a pain however. Staff is excellent, our corner room, luckily assigned, I might add, was the largest hotel room I've ever had in Europe. Small mishap on my bill was addressed and a bottle of wine delivered to our room to offer apologies and a note of correction.
'New' restaurant in lobby was offering 2 for 1 drinks between 1700-1800 and 2300-2400. Decent deal for a drink before and after dinner. Our trip was a romantic week in Europe, Valentine's Day in Paris and a long weekend at this great hotel in Amsterdam.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kimpton De Witt is the first Kimpton hotel outside the Americas, a true debut in Europe. The hotel is situated in the heart of Amsterdam's vibrant city centre and near Amsterdam’s Centraal station. Set within three original Renaissance-era buildings, it features 274 guest rooms, including 15 signature rooms and suites, and eight meeting rooms. Wyers Bar & Restaurant, run by Executive Chef SammyD, offers American comfort food with a Dutch twist. In line with Kimpton’s innovative and playful approach to design, the hotel features a “house within a hotel” – a four-storey ‘Little House’ which was once the childhood home of Dutch playwright, P.C. Hooft and dates back to the 1500s. Other distinctive features include a flower shop within the hotel and a Miss Louisa Coffee & Beignets walk-up window for locals to enjoy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Hotel.de, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kimpton De Witt Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza City Centre Hotel Amsterdam
- Crowne Plaza Amsterdam
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Amsterdam