“Nice hotel, yet far away from city center”

Holiday Inn Amsterdam
Ranked #147 of 368 Hotels in Amsterdam
Holon, Israel
“Nice hotel, yet far away from city center”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Regular hotel, nothing fancy.... to get to the city center you have to take a train, and exchange stations... not the most convenient thing to do... Unless you are in a conference at that hotel, try to find a hotel closer to city center.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
CrownePlazaHoofddorp, General Manager at Holiday Inn Amsterdam, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Dear EladOgden,
Thank you for taking the time and leaving a review on Tripadvisor.
Our hotel is indeed ideally located for conferences and business trips. Our reception can give you directions to the city centre by using bus, train or underground. Or you can hire one of the bikes the hotel offers.
We hope we can be your host during a future stay.
Kind regards,
Martijn Fritsen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Rome
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I stayed at the hotel while attending a conference at the RAI convention center. The hotel is not fancy, but service is good and people at reception are very nice. While the hotel is very close to the station and walking distance to the convention center, there is public transportation to the center 100 meters from the hotel. Rooms are clean and have tea and coffee. Breakfast is good, but they could serve more fresh fruit. Internet is working good, but it is not free.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
CrownePlazaHoofddorp, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Amsterdam, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Dear Claudia23,
Thank you for taking the time to rate your stay, we are very thankful for your review.
It is a pleasure to read about your positive experiences within our property! Your compliments regarding the staff are very comforting and are already shared with them.
Amsterdam
Reviewed 12 October 2013

stay there for business issue. quite expensive. location is near to RAI conference centre but not very near, still need to walk 10-15mins, tho is already the closest available hotel. transport is convenient. tram and train v. nearby. but not much attraction around. if you stay at Amsterdam for sightseeing, better stay at around central station.

room is spacious. not very new, clear enough.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank Michelle, C.y. F
Dear Michelle, C.y. F,
Thank you for leaving a review on Tripadvisor.
The location of our hotel is indeed very convenient for business travelers. Due to the RAI train station it is also a few stops away from the City Centre. Should you need any information about the area, our front office staff can always provide this information and give directions.
Again I would like to thank you for leaving a review.
Hornchurch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 October 2013

My friend and I checked in at 10am which was was 4hours early. Staff were very friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble. The hotel is away from the bustle of the city but so close to the tram stop and train station (2 stops from the airport) Breakfast was amazing and unhurried. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: You can choose a pillow to suit which is helpful
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jan S
Dear Jan S,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our hotel on Tripadvisor.com.
We very much appreciate your positive comments regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Amsterdam. Positive feedback from satisfied clients is our greatest reward - thank you.
We look forward to welcoming you and your friend again at Holiday Inn Amsterdam.
Nuremberg, Germany
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Location: Amsterdam South, easily accesable by regular train (not airport train!) from Schiphol airport (Fee 2,50 €). From the RAI train station it's a 3 minutes walk. By tram its a 20 minutes ride to the city center.

Check-in: fast, friendly staff at reception. Was not recognized as Gold card member.

Room: normal room, no extras, normal cleanliness

Restaurant: When passing by the breakfast buffet I saw a mouse running along the plates. Although I did immediately inform a waiter nothing did happen. When leaving the restaurant, I stopped by the buffet again and checked the plate under which the mouse had hidden. It was still there, with another one! Then I informed another employee, who then reacted and caught the mice. The hotel manager on duty told me, that already other guests had complained, so my observation was nothing extraordinary. As compensation the WiFi should be free, a service that is free for Gold card holders.

2 Thank flyingfox007
Dear flyingfox007,
First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and I apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced.
Since the start of the construction work and drilling operations around the RAI station the surrounding company's and our hotel are dealing with this problem. Off course this is not an excuse however I do want to inform you about what is causing this most inconvenient situation. Our pest control visits our hotel on a regular basis and I have contacted them to come over after receiving your comments. We truly hope, as the construction will move along, the mice will look for other areas. Please know that we take this very serious and truly regret the situation as we completely understand this is unacceptable for our valued guests.
Once again please accept my personal apologies and I hope you nevertheless enjoyed your stay with us.
Lyon, France
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I attended a business congress and held a series of customer presentations at this Holiday Inn a short walk from the RAI congress centre. I have to say everything worked perfectly thanks to the hotel staff and particularly Maurice. Of course, I sprang some last minute surprises on them which they took in their stride and managed well. My customers, boss (very important) and myself were all extremely satisfied and I will not hesitate to mert here again should the opportunity arise.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Terry55UK,
Thank you very much for your nice comments and compliments about our hotelteam and Maurice in particular. I will make sure to forward your compliments.
We look forward to welcoming you again in our hotel and to receiving your next review on TripAdvisor or on our own review page of our hotel.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I couldn't believe when I returned to my hotel room from work and noticed the housekeeper has taken the soap residue out of the garbage bin and has put it back in the shower thinking it's not all used yet!!!!
Then the bathroom had a terrible smell that almost made me through up!!! Probably because of a dirty cloth that the housekeeper used to clean up the bathroom. They changed my room when they assessed the room themselves!!! No apology whatsoever!
I asked for some sort of compensation for the night based on their "Satisfaction Guaranteed" policy, while they rudely accepted I had a hard time upon checkout to convince them when I noticed my bill was all screwed up! Even the manager on duty didn't trust me an made several phone calls to validate my claim. Took me about an hour to check out!!!
Last, I asked them to email me the invoice, and they haven't done yet after 3 days (may be because they didn't want me to receive a survey!!!)

Room Tip: Go to a 1 star hotel and you will feel more comfortable that this over 300 Euros per night!!!!
2 Thank Jimmy142
Dear Jimmy142,
Thank you very much for your feedback with regards to your recent stay in our hotel. Feedback like this gives us the possibility to adjust our services and products where needed.
I do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. Could you perhaps send me the details of your stay per e-mail to sales.amsnt@whgeu.com? This way I can make sure you receive a follow up and if the invoice reached you properly.