“Excellent hotel”

Amsterdam Marriott Hotel
Ranked #83 of 371 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Very comfortable rooms and beds you expect from Marriott....that you get good rest in. Hot pot for a cup of tea, iron, and mini fridge in room. Good wifi and modern, new bathroom. Extremely helpful staff all around and an awesome location, it cannot be beat.

Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank skysailor7
Meredith_Opten, Executive Assistant at Amsterdam Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Dear Guest,
We appreciate you taking the time to share your positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Amsterdam Marriott. We were excited to hear that you had all the comforts needed in your room to make it excellent stay. And we are especially proud of your compliments regarding the helpful staff, we will be sure to share your comments with them and look forward to welcome you back for another brilliant stay.

Executive Assistant

There are newer reviews for Amsterdam Marriott Hotel

Reviewed 3 February 2014

I arrived at 9:30am and was immediately checked into my room. Well, that was a great start. I received handsome room upgrade to a very spacious room with a prime view overlooking Leidesplein square. The room was bright, bed very comfortable and with a very modern spotless bathroom. The executive lounge was very spacious, serves a fabulous generously varied breakfast, and a nice light dinner menu as well. The fitness center is of nice size, well appointed and has separate men"s and women's saunas. What a perfect location to stay in Amsterdam. The major trams 1,2,5 pass through Leidesplein so it's convenient. I am told that the 197 bus (5 Euros) leaves just about 50 meters in front of the hotel for the airport (40 minute drive). All the staff are very friendly and helpful. I'll be back.

1  Thank Steven123
Reviewed 3 February 2014

It is a bit pricey, but you can't beat the location, the professional staff and comfortable accommodations. The parking was less than other lots in the area and the restaurant/bar was great. Close to the Van Gogh museum, a large park and easy access to all the hotspots by walking or one of their bikes.

1  Thank All-reviews-for-free
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Perfectly situated, it is an easily accessible hotel. From Schipol no need to take a vab. Intercity (rail 4,5 €) + taxi (15 €) allows you to reach the Mariott. From Central Station you can reach too via Tramway 1 or 2.
Discret welcome but efficient. Rooms are large and clean. room service efficient.
Large buffet for the breackfast.
Then, it's time to work. Meeting rooms are larges, modulable, clear and well equipped.
When you want to visit the cty, you are close to the VG Museum, ansd several attractive places.
All in one a nice stay and pleasant meeting days. But, internet connection is optional. Take care, it cost a lot. Into a such hotel and such town, this should be free of charge.

2  Thank Flyaway1963
Reviewed 29 January 2014

We arrived in the very busy lobby of this hotel for a 5 day stay at 2PM. After waiting in a long line, we were told our room is not ready, and we were given keys to the executive lounge to wait. We were told someone would come and get us when the room was ready, and it wasn't until we got tired of waiting, and went back to the front desk at 4 PM that we were told our room was in face ready, and they just forgot to tell us. We walked into the room, and the fan in the bathroom was making a lot of noise. We called downstairs and someone came to fix it with a cardboard instead of moving us to a different room instead. Additionally, someone walked into our room without knocking, by accident. The hotel did not offer anything to make up for any of these problems. It felt like a typical corporate experience, where the staff's hospitality decisions are tied to a set of company policies.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Shiva E
Guus V, Front Office Manager at Amsterdam Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback following your stay with us at the Amsterdam Marriott Hotel in October last year. We are sorry to learn that your room was not ready upon your arrival at 1 pm, and that we did not have the opportunity to bring your keys to the executive lounge when your room was ready.

I can imagine you were extra disappointed when noise from the bathroom disturbed you, after having waited for your room. Our records indicate that you were offered an alternative room around 2 pm, 15 minutes after checking in to your room. At the time, we were under the impression that our solution met your expectations. However, if we have given you the impression that we did not sufficiently make up for the inconvenience you experienced, I am very sorry about that.

I apologize for the inconvenience you encountered during your stay, and will certainly share your feedback within our teams to see how we can improve. Should you have additional feedback, please feel free to share it with me directly. If travel brings you back to Amsterdam, I hope you will give us the opportunity to regain your confidence in our service and reputation.

Guus Verhulst
Front Office Manager
Amsterdam Marriott Hotel
guus.verhulst@marriott.com

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Upon checking out they asked if I wanted to pay in US dollars or Euros. I said Euros as my bill was in Euros and their currency conversation rate was unfair.

When I received my credit card statement I was billed in US dollars at a very high conversation rate.

When I called the hotel accounting they referred me to Six Payment System who processes their
credit card payments. So far no one can explain why I was not billed in Euros. It would have saved me about 3%.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Meredith_Opten, Executive Assistant at Amsterdam Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback following your recent stay with us at the Amsterdam Marriott Hotel. I would appreciate if you could contact me at your earliest convenience so that I can better look into your situation in hopes of finding an answer to your questions. Thank you in advance and I look forward to hearing from you.

meredith.opten@marriott.com
Tel: 0031 20 607 5500

Reviewed 25 January 2014

This Marriott has a great location nearer Leidseplien and blocks from the Rijksmuseum. Reception was fast and efficient and the bell service was very good. My room was nice with a great view of Leidseplien. Bed was Marriott comfortable. Nice big TV. The bathroom was large and very clean. Room service was also good and not too expensive. The parking rates seem high but they were less expensive than a neighboring car park. The executive lounge was nice and had a good assortment of snacks and drinks. I would stay here again. Recommended.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Meredith_Opten, Executive Assistant at Amsterdam Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your wonderful review on Trip Advisor. We were delighted to read that you fully enjoyed your stay from the prompt check in, to enjoying a good meal in the luxury of your comfortable room while overlooking Leidseplein. The parking in Amsterdam is limited, and reservations are suggested when traveling to the city so please be sure to contact us in advance of your next visit so that we can again provide you this valuable service. We look forward to welcome you back to the Amsterdam Marriott again soon.