3,832 results
All reviews the club lounge central station great location guest services concierge desk within walking distance dam square minute walk river cruise red light district anne frank house early check quiet street mini bar breakfast was included rooms are small van gogh museum
Reviewed 10 July 2015

The Ren AMS really hit it out of the park for my stay. I seemed to have tried out every aspect of the hotel for the nights I spent there and they delivered on every aspect.
I initially had an issue with booking my room due to one night that was very full due to a cruise ship arrival. The manager stepped in and fixed my reservations quickly and got me the room I needed. Upon arrival, I had a note in my room mentioning the event I was there for that I discussed with the manager. Follow up really does show a great attention to detail.
On that awesome starting note, the hotel continued to do great things. The club lounge, for example, is one of the better run lounges I have ever experienced. It is well stocked and better yet, well staffed. Francia and (Fehdi?) helped out every day with small things. The lounge is very busy but the staff there keep everything in order, even when some guests get out of line. I'm not sure what makes people treat others so poorly just because they work in a hotel, but the Ren had a couple of very rude guests making a scene in the lounge and the staff handled them very well. The breakfast was great in the lounge and in the restaurant (no lounge breakfast on Weekends) but the lounge is open on the weekends for coffee and beverages. (Fehdi.. sorry about the name spelling) offered to bring me "any egg I wanted" and went to have an Omelette made for me in the kitchen. Awesome and thanks for going out of your way to suggest something that I might like. I did! On a couple of occasions, the lounge staff offered to refill drinks as well. They seemed to really run a great operation there.
Room service says that it takes about 45 minutes. i ordered a small sandwich and it was at my door in 15.
The concierge helped book tickets for a tour. I explained roughly what I wanted and he said 'll take care of it". In a few hours the tickets were in the room as promised, billed to the hotel room.
The cleaning staff were very friendly, always greeted you when they saw you. My room was spotless. Tip: If you want your bed linens changed beyond their normal schedule of 3 days, ask at guest services in the ground floor.
The location is very nice with a short walk to the train station of to the trams. There is a grocery store right around the corner if you need anything. In the grocery there is a good ATM to use as well.
All in all, an extremely well run hotel that is comfortable, relaxing, modern, and has very high service expectations for the staff. And, they seem to deliver. Thanks!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank veffekt
Reviewed 9 July 2015

5 star hotel in AMS in an old building. Therefore, some public areas are stretched for space and it can get crowded with guests going on cruises, but all the more reason to get out of the hotel and explore nearby nrestauarants for breakfast etc. I think they use a central reservation service somewhere in Europe , and honestly, they were SHOCKING in their attitude when I tried to call them about my upcoming booking. Thank goodness the local staff were just wonderful.

Date of stay: June 2015
Reviewed 9 July 2015 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights on the front end of our visit. And then 2 nights in the back end. We were there with our 2 young children and initial check-in at 10:30 at night in empty lobby took a very long time. We had a great room the first stay. On the second stay, we were placed in smaller room in an adjoining building that involved a long walk. Not pleasant after a long day of sightseeing with 2 kids. As an elite member, we did enjoy the club room offerings. Would have a more positive review, except that we paid a lot for a room that wasn't that great on the second visit.

Trip type: Travelled with family
RenaissanceTeam, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Amsterdam Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2015

Dear ILedet,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments via this platform.

We are very glad that you fancied the club lounge offering and enjoyed the first room you were assigned. We wish we were aware of that fact that the second room was not as much to your liking as the previous one, as we would have loved to try out best in arranging a move to another room that was up to your expectations.

We will be looking forward to welcoming you back at our property in the future and I would appreciate if you could contact me when your travel plans are bringing you back to Amsterdam, so that we can pre-assign a room based on your preferences, and of course assist further in any way we can, prior to your arrival.

Warm regards,
Jana Zahranova,
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 9 July 2015

Stayed at the Renaissance for three nights and loved the hotel. The hotel is located very close to the Central Station (short train ride from the airport) staff are very helpful and the hotel bed is incredible. We were just coming from a long trip in the US and comfortable beds and great breakfast in the club lounge were perfect to get us up and running for our holiday in Europe.

If you can then try to upgrade to the Club Room (the evening drinks and the included breakfast are worth the extra cost). Woudl definitely stay here again. We wanted to take the bed back home with us.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank OhGhaznavi
Reviewed 8 July 2015

Central location and therefore if on a low floor with street views you may get a bit of noise.

Room was very comfortable (great bed), free wifi (albeit you have to agree a "charge" when you log in). Generally a modern hotel with a good bar and, based on breakfast only, a decent restaurant.

Dont know how it compares to typical pricing in Amsterdam but room rate felt a bit excessive (around £200 a night).

• Trip type: Travelled on business