“Awesome location in Amsterdam”

Inntel Hotels Amsterdam Centre
Ranked #99 of 374 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 17 October 2011

This hotel was easy to find and so close to everything I wanted to see.
I chose this hotel based on the reviews on tripadvisor and location.

I stayed here with my husband and another couple.
The staff were very friendly. Check in was a breeze and we were given information about the area.
I like how there were apples to take at the reception desk. great snack on the go.

Our rooms were on the 3nd floor right next to other couple's room. This was great for planning our next adventure of the day. My husband and I stayed for 2 nights and the other couple stayed for 3.

I'm going to share the other couple's review of the hotel since i have it written in my travel journal:

"The hotel looked pretty fancy from the outside and I was surprised to find the inside fancy as well. The front desk people were nice and friendly. I liked the fact that there were 2 computers in the lobby that you can use for free for 30 minutes. to get to our room, we had to go to the 2nd floor and then walk to the other attachment of the building then go to the 3rd floor. our room was really nice. 2 beds were pushed together. the washrooms were nicer than i expected. I liked the fact there was a safe. a minibar was also available and a few snacks."

I was impressed with the size of the room. The bed was extremely comfortable. There was a huge closet for clothes and a nice sitting area. There was plenty of room for luggage.
I loved the bath tub. I took a lovely bubble bath one of the evenings. It was so relaxing.
The bathroom was a good size. I like the travel size samples that the hotel provides.

The snacks included in the minibar were Stroopwafels. The brand they had was Daelmans Mini Stroopwafels. I ended up buying them at a shop nearby with the intention to bring it back as a souvenir but I ended up eating them. They are delicious!! too bad they dont sell them in Canada, so I suggest you get your fill of them while in Amsterdam.

A lot of people complain about the images of the people in their rooms and scattered around the hotel, but I had a lot of fun with them. We would try to guess what the situation was and what these people would say or think.

We didn't try the breakfast because of the price, I highly suggest you have your breakfast at the Pannenkoekenhuis Upstairs. OMG I will never look at pancakes the same way ever.
It was the best pancakes I've ever had in my life. I crave these pancakes and wish I could get something like this in Toronto.

Upon checkout, we had to pay additional taxes. We paid in cash and were given a receipt.
I would definitely stay here again. I miss Amsterdam.
While I was standing outside waiting for the rain to stop, a gentleman came out of the hotel telling me how happy he was that he was able to get a room at such a good rate. He said usually this place charges an arm and a leg.
I paid CAD$147.43

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 October 2011

Having told my sister of the delights of Amsterdam we decided to book a short break with our respective partners and came across the Inntel Hotel. With the location being central and the hotel pictures looking relatively nice we decided to book this hotel.

This is where the pleasantries end - never in my life have I experienced such inept customer service which to be honest borders on downright disgraceful! I reserved the room with my card details and as I understood the room had been paid for in advance. This was also confirmed to me on checkout by the hotel staff when again they had my card details and told me that the rooms had been paid for.

So you can imagine that it came as quite a surprise when the hotel thought it was acceptable to take £526 out of my SISTER'S BOYFRIEND'S account 6 weeks after we had returned home (bearing in mind they only took his card details to cover sundries used in the hotel room. Now I've been to a few hotels in my time and the last time I checked peanuts were not that expensive!)

I contacted the hotel immediately to query this as having thought the room had been paid for and not been told otherwise by the hotel staff, I assumed it must have been a mistake. I was then given a half hearted excuse with the standard "accounting error" being the cause. I then asked why they had taken it from my sister's boyfriends account as he had not made the reservation and they told me they were the only card details they could find. I then asked them to refund his card and they told me that I could set up a payment plan to just pay him seeing as he was my sister's boyfriend. Bearing in mind this had taken his account overdrawn and he needed the money asap. As it was their mistake I suggested that they come up with a more suitable compromise as obviously £526 is a lot of money to have at your fingertips when you think it has already been paid. They told me they would refund my sister's boyfriend and then charge my card for half of the amount which I felt was fair and more affordable given the big mistake they had made. I agreed to this and passed on my card details again. However I have since found out that they have only refunded my sister's boyfriend for half the amount and still charged me for half. When I got in touch again with the hotel they decided it was in the interest of good customer service to just totally ignore my emails. Needless to stay the overall experience of this hotel has soured what was an enjoyable stay.

The final kick in the teeth was that the "surprise" at the hotel was a naff pair of flip flops. The last time I checked Amsterdam isn't exactly spoilt for choice when it comes to beaches and the hotel doesn't even have a pool! RUBBISH SURPRISE, RUBBISH CUSTOMER SERVICE, JUST RUBBISH!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kerrie F
Reviewed 12 October 2011

Was not too impressed with the room size . Very small and congested and the view sucked. Mint hotel had a way better view. Would not recommend this but maybe they have better rooms with better views.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2011

5 mins from train station. Very near entertainment area.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 September 2011

Inntel Hotel is in the perfect location, short walk from centrall station. It is close walking distance to all the sites, red light district, shopping, flower market, muesuems, Anne Frank House. Hotel is very clean, rooms are larger than normal and comfortable. Staff very pleasant, two computers for guest use. Surprisingly quiet area with all the nearby, restaurants, bars and coffee shops, cafes. Grocery store down the street. overall good recomendation to stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floors for better view of the city.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank cray11
Reviewed 26 September 2011

I stayed at this hotel on August 31, 2011, for one night. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is in downtown Amsterdam and minutes away from the main train station and other public transportation. I walked a lot around downtown Amsterdam and was never very far away from this hotel. I decided to stay at this hotel based on Trip Advisor reviews, and I wasn't disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2011

I stayed in this hotel for one night during my trip in July and i would say it was not a bad choice at all. i picked this hotel randomly and its name sounded quite attractive.
I read some reviews on Trip Advisor and it sounded okay to try although i am a chain follower.
The hotel front desk were quite helpful as there was a mistake in the booking from my side and after fixing it they handed me over a key for a nicely located room.
The Breakfast was good and the variety are quite alot. thumbs up.
The hotel is located in the center of activities in Amsterdam, shopping street is just 1 minute walking, the Amsterdam attraction streets are few minutes away and that what makes this hotel quite convenient.
I would stay over here again and again for sure.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo