“Perfect base”

Inntel Hotels Amsterdam Centre
Ranked #98 of 373 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This hotel is in the perfect location for a stay in Amsterdam as it is within walking distance from the train station and many of the favourite tourist spots. The tram stops are also nearby and you can buy daily tram tickets from the hotel reception. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are spotless. The bar area is most comfortable but ,for me, the bar is not open long enough.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Anne F
Saskia K, Sales Coordinator at Inntel Hotels Amsterdam Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for the comment you posted on this website! We aim to make every stay a success through our colleagues and I am extremely pleased to read that we were able to show this. The Inntel Hotels Amsterdam Centre team is hoping to welcoming you back one day!

Reviewed 5 May 2014

This hotel offers a great location, a wonderful breakfast, and clean accommodations BUT is noisy. We stayed here for several days and were awakened by people leaving bars early in the morning or a room party that spilled over into the hall on 4 of the 5 days we were here.

Room Tip: get a room o the highest floor!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank breachcomber
Saskia K, Sales Coordinator at Inntel Hotels Amsterdam Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! It was our pleasure that we could accommodate you during this stay. Thank you for complimenting our breakfast and housekeeping department.
If you plan to return, which we hope you do, please contact us directly so that we can ensure that we book a more quit room. Looking forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 3 May 2014

We recently stayed at the hotel for 5 nights and this included Kings Day. The reception staff were at all times helpful and interested. The room was a more than adequate in size. It was perfectly cleaned each day. Shower and bed both good. Ideally located if you are arriving by train. Just about 7 minutes walk from the train station. Located right near the tram stop. There are a number of reasonable restaurants nearby and it is in walking distance of Dam Square.
Our stay there went very smoothly.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fliss47

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback. We are so pleased that you had enjoyed your stay and that we could welcome you all the way from Sydney, Australia.

I am very glad to read that your stay was an enjoyable one and that you found our location to be convenient. I greatly appreciate your kind comments about your staff and housekeeping and I am glad that we could be of service. It is very rewarding when our guests take the time to let us know they are pleased.

We hope that we can welcome you back some day at Inntel Hotels.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Stayed here during Kingsday so prices were a little higher than usual - to be expected. However, location is fantastic, near to Central Station, tram outside, and near Dam Sq. the staff were all extremely pleasant always wore a smile and were helpful. Cosy fire and sofa in the lobby was a welcome recovery area whilst we waited our cab ride home after an eventful Kingsday! Would use Inntel again.

• Stayed: April 2014
Saskia K, Sales Coordinator at Inntel Hotels Amsterdam Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for the comment you posted on this website! It was a pleasure welcoming you on our first Kingsday. We aim to make every stay a success through our colleagues and I am extremely pleased to read that we were able to show this. I will be sure to share your comment with the staff and hope to see you again in our hotel.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

we have stayed almost in every hotel in Amsterdam, this one is pretty good, the lobby lounge is very nice with the fire place and for Amsterdam hotels, the rooms are quite comfortable. we like it and would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing Inntel Hotels Amsterdam Centre on your recent visit.

We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Amsterdam. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

The hotel location is good. Everything seem to be fine. Unfortunately, there are two things that I don't like about this hotel. Firstly, the price is quite over quality. With a tiny room and few English tv chanels, I don't think the hotel should cost that high. And one last thing, during I was checking out I had a problem with the hotel deposit policy and I asked the hotel staff. But the action that I received from the staff was he shouted to my face out loud till other people around the area turned their faces to us. I think it's very rude and inappropriate. The hotel should train their staffs better than this and it will be only first and last time I will stay here.

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank Commonly

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your comments on your recent visit to our hotel. Feedback is important to us and will help us to continually monitor our consistency and areas for improvement.
Please accept my sincere apologies for my colleague with regards to your checking out procedure. This is of course not Inntel standard. Please note that your remark have been addressed to our Front Office Manager.
Please do let me know when you are thinking of returning to Amsterdam and I would be more than happy to look after your hotel room reservation.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

This hotel has a great location, close to sightseeing, shopping, and Central station (trains to/from airport). The downside is that it is in a busy neighbourhood, and it can be loud at night occasionally due to people partying, drunks, etc.

The rooms are nice and clean, simple but modern, small by North Americans standards but standard by European ones.

I booked a deluxe queen room but was given a double bed room, and was told it was slightly bigger. I doubt that, and unless you need two separate beds, I would recommend asking for the queen bed. The double beds are quite small and narrow, and so are the matching blankets/duvets. So you're better off with the queen bed if you're travelling alone.

I didn't try the restaurants on site as there are plenty close to the hotel and much less expensive.

There isn't much to watch on TV as they have few interesting channels, with some being in Dutch, which I didn't understand. So don't plan on watching muchTV here, but you should have plenty of entertainment outside the hotel.

Overall, it was a good choice and I would recommend it for your stay in Amsterdam. I may try a different hotel next time, just to change things up, but I would pick the same area as it was very convenient for walking everywhere. The price I got through Expedia was also reasonable.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Saskia K, Sales Coordinator at Inntel Hotels Amsterdam Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We are very happy that we could accommodate you during this stay. If you plan to return, which we hope you do, please contact us directly so that we can ensure that the size of your bed and hotel room is ideal for your visit. Looking forward to welcoming you back again soon!