The location of the Hotel was good for many of the tourist attractions, but the area itself was not very attractive for the price. The breakfast , although very expensive, even for Europe, was very good, fresh and plentiful, and the Breakfast room staff were very pleasant and helpful. There was a really good range of booklets and cards relating to places to visit in the lobby.
Some of the staff were very nice, (one lovely lady helped us to print tickets for a concert we were going to and sent them to our room) but some were not and could be a little unfriendly. There was someone smoking in the adjoining room to ours ( ie a shared interior door) at 10:30pm,and as the smoke was coming under the door into our room, I rang the front desk and complained. I was made to feel really foolish, and would not do so again. It is clear from other reviewers who have found the staff very pleasant, that there is a lack of consistency in their customer relations, which is a pity as they are the first thing people experience when they walk through the door. The room, although quite nice and spotlessly clean, was nothing special, and the bathroom was tiny and in need of a modern efficient shower.
Sadly, we had to endure the horrible smell of deep fat frying every time we opened a window as we were level with the top of the extractor chimney. Also, and this is subjective, the giant portrait photographs of complete strangers staring at you from every wall are not to everyone's taste and would be better avoided. There is also a difficulty with the electric sockets in the room, as if you use a UK adaptor, you can only charge one item at a time, although this would not affect anyone visitors from Europe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visiting Amsterdam is a true experience. Inntel Hotels Amsterdam Centre is the ideal starting point for exploring the city. Located in the heart of Amsterdam at a traffic-free square between Central Station and the Dam, the hotel is within walking distance to the canals and all city highlights. Our 4 star hotel featuring stylish rooms and suites, provides free WiFi internet throughout the premises. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Travel Republic (UK), LateRooms, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Inntel Hotels Amsterdam Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inntel Hotels Amsterdam Centre Hotel Amsterdam
- Golden Tulip Hotel Amsterdam
- Golden Tulip Amsterdam Centre
- Amsterdam Golden Tulip
- Hotel Tulip Amsterdam