“nice break”

Ranked #104 of 368 Hotels in Amsterdam
WORCESTERSHIRE
“nice break”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

WE arrived at the hotel late afternoon and check was good.we had a up grade as there was still work being done to reception/dining area.the hotel was clean and tidy,the room was clean a bit smaller than the premier inn room,but still you only sleep there.the food was good the breakfast was really good plenty to chose from eat as much as you like.there is a water bus leaves from the car park at the hotel which takes you to the centre of AMSTERDAM about an hour nice and relaxing.the only moan is the car parking charge a bit high seeing that you are staying there.hotel has good access to the motor way.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
RvanVliet, General Manager at Mercure Hotel Amsterdam City, responded to this review, 3 September 2014

Robert van Vliet

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Midlands
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Just home from a three night stay. I arrived at 10:00 am, my husband left me at the airport to go on business, I was shattered after a 2:00 am start! I knew I would not be able to check in til 2:00pm so settled myself in the lounge with a latte (only 3 euro's) and my book. At 10:45am the lovely, friendly receptionist found me and said our room was ready for me, I was delighted and so appreciative!!
If you're going into Amsterdam city centre, I can highly recommend the 5 euro boat trip from the rear of the hotel to Anne Franks house, well worth the money!!
Our room was adequate for our needs, clean and quiet!
We dined in the restaurant which was nice & good value when you think if you travel into Amsterdam add 23 euro taxi fair one way unless you travel on the metro which is about a 10 minute walk away!
All the staff were very polite, friendly and professional.
The only negative was the weather, absolutely appalling, it did not stop raining the whole time we were tahere, it sort of made us not want to stay in Amsterdam & see as much as we wanted because we were so wet & cold!
We would definitely visit the hotel again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wend_Mike_Midlands

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

First impressions are great at this hotel - a large airy reception with some good decorative features. Look out for the shoal of silver herrings over the bar and the cosy fire feature. The rooms were spacious and well equipped.
We had a really good meal in the restaurant - modern menu with great ingredients.
The breakfast is €22 but was worth it with an excellent range of food, good breads and bean to cup coffee.
I went for a run along the local cycle paths and although this is an out of town area there is plenty of greenery and of course lots of canals and bridges!
We were visiting on business at the RAI, which was 20 minutes walk or one stop on the tram which is nearby.
To get into the centre of Amsterdam there was the 51 tram nearby and there was also a 10am boat trip into Amsterdam for €5, taxi was about €20.
So - this is a great out of town hotel, perfect for business but if you don't mind travelling by public transport it was also a great option for a holiday. I loved Amsterdam and would definitely come back here.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Debbie N
RvanVliet, General Manager at Mercure Hotel Amsterdam City, responded to this review, 30 September 2014
Dear Sir/Madam,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Hotel Amsterdam City. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Robert van Vliet - General Manager
Nottingham
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Hotel was extremely clean, the bed was so comfortable, had everything we needed. The only draw back was the location however it is walking distance to the Metro station and they do have a boat that will take you into Amsterdam at 10am every morning for 5 Euros. Didn't have breakfast as we thought it was a bit expensive, we did have room service one night and the standard of food was very good.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Sir/Madam,

Robert van Vliet - General Manager
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Recently stayed with two friends in the Mecure Hotel for three nights. Great location, lovely hotel and friendly staff. On previous visits to Amsterdam I have stayed in hostels, however after my experience at the Mecure I would certainly recommend paying a little extra cash to stay at this great hotel

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends