We stayed at the Mercure Amsterdam airport for 2 nights in late December 2013, just after Christmas, and had a wonderful time.
I agree with pretty much all of the previous reviews. For what you pay for, you can't really ask a lot more from this hotel. So I'll summarise in pro's and cons:
1. Lovely staff - welcoming, helpful, accommodating.
2. Restaurant - fabulous breakfasts - all continental options (juice, tea, coffee, breads, pastries, fruit, cereals, bacon, cheese, eggs, pancakes, donughts, salad, freshly squeezed OJ in the coolest machine I've ever seen, biscuits). We also had an evening meal in the resturant which was yummy, and I'd definitely recommend!
3. Free shuttle bus to and from the airport (runs every 15 mins from 6pm to 10pm and in the morning until 11am, but you can request it at any other time of the day, which we did).
4. Good beds - ours was huge and really comfortable.
5. Gym/leisure facilities - located at the end of the first floor - basic (1 bike, treadmill, cross-trainer, weights etc).
6. For those with a car - there is a petrol station just outside the hotel. Oh, and an M&S Food for those who get peckish!
1. Distance from Amsterdam - NOT a fault of the hotel but just beware that you cant walk into the city centre. There is a bus (2 euros per person) which you can catch from just outside the hotel (go out of the hotel main entrance, cross the road and turn right, walk about 500m and the stop going towards the city will be there). The buses are scheduled to run about once every 20 minutes on every day of the week incl Sundays (but we did wait longer on the Saturday for about 40 minutes). BEWARE - DON'T get a taxi from the hotel/city - it costs a LOT (50 euro's) - definitely get the bus!
We paid 75 euros per night for the both of us (through booking.com). Compared to other options around Amsterdam I have to say, I think that this was really good value for money and would definitely recommend to others!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 152 non smoking rooms, situated 10km from Schiphol Airport,between the highway A4, A9 & A10,Mercure Amsterdam Airport is the ideal hotel for business and leisure purposes.We have 6 suites, 16 recently renovated conference rooms, a Business Point M., a restaurant and a cozy bar with terrace over-looking the lake "Nieuwe Meer".The Rai Congress Center and the city center are easy to reach by car,taxi or public transportation.We offer you a complimentary shuttle service to and from Schiphol Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Mercure Hotel Amsterdam West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Amsterdam Airport Hotel Amsterdam
- Accor Amsterdam Airport