“Nice and comfortable”

Mercure Amsterdam Airport
Ranked #160 of 372 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Me and my family stayed for 4 nights and we love it very much.
it felt really fresh to stayed over there. room was very clean, comfy and also nice neighborhood.

The staff were really helpful, I got a problem with the elevator cause it was very small for 2 my big luggage but they manage to help me with that.

It wasn't so hard to found transportation, the bus stop adjacent to the hotel about 5 minute walk, and from there you could go to amsterdam. there nearest place of interest it was museumplien or rijk museum it take around 20 minutes to go there.

shuttle bus really helpful if you wanna go to the airport so could found many restaurant or coffee shop there.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Aditya P
MercureAir, Front Office Manager at Mercure Amsterdam Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.
I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Good to relax unwind yet easy bus ride to city centre. Staff were friendly and helpful. Bed mattress could be more comfortable, otherwise room and service was good.
Airport shuttle is great convenience.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
MercureAir, Front Office Manager at Mercure Amsterdam Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. It alway is a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your review with our staff and I hope that we all can welcome you soon again at Mercure Amsterdam Airport.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

My wife and I stayed in this hotel and found most of the staff were very helpful. We rented their bikes on-site, but at 16EUR per day per bike, they are much more expensive than elsewhere in the Netherlands (I paid 37EUR for a week elsewhere). However, it is still cheaper then taking taxis. If trying to explore the museums, parks, etc. I would highly recommend booking the bikes in advance as there are only 6 total on the property and they are needed to get into the city. The area was very quiet and peaceful, no airplane noise whatsoever. The commute to the city is 8km/20min by bike. The bed was comfortable and light was blocked out completely (could have easily slept in until noon but we wanted to make the most of our vacation time there). This hotel would be considered extremely pricey for what you get if it was in the US, but perhaps all NL hotels are just on the high end. There was even an extra charge for using the television ($10EUR per day).

One last note: on our last day the van driver to the airport did not bother to check for any passengers waiting outside and decided to drive away - at this time my wife went in to the front desk to inquire as to where he was going and luckily she was able to page him back to pick us up, as well as 2 other people also needing to get to the airport.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank counterweight7
MercureAir, Front Office Manager at Mercure Amsterdam Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It is always a pleasure to receive positive as well as constructive feedback.
i will pass your feedback on to our drivers so an incident as such won't happen again. My apologies for this. Further I'm am sorry the hear that there is some confusion about the television. The regular channels are free of charge (approximately 50 worldwide channels) the multimedia package on the television is €9,95
We appreciate your sharing your concerns and I hope the we will be able to welcome you soon again at Mercure Amsterdam Airport.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
MercureAir, Front Office Manager at Mercure Amsterdam Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I was booked into this hotel by the person organizing a meeting being held there. When I heard that I was booked at an "airport hotel" I completely expected a dreary place dominated by jet-plane noise. Imagine my delight - this hotel was marvellous. First of all, there is hardly any airplane noise at all. Also: the rooms are lovely, with huge windows overlooking trees and a little pond; the windows open, meaning you can have fresh air in the room, which I really like, and the beds are comfortable. The meeting rooms are well-lit and pleasant, with windows that open; staff were readily available when we needed help. The fitness centre is very bright and the machines are new and in good shape. The hotel is across the street from a marvellous park (the Amsterdamse Bos) with running and cycling routes, and you can rent bikes for 16 euros a day from the hotel. The restaurant serves great food, and has a patio so you can eat outside. The breakfast buffet is the best one I have ever seen in a hotel. There is also a little shop nearby selling fruit and chocolate and other necessities of life. As a tea drinker, I really liked the touch of having a kettle in the room. My only caveats about this hotel are: it is very surprising not to have an iron and an ironing board in the room, and the weak, old hairdryer in the bathroom is completely useless and badly needs to be replaced. All in all, my stay at this hotel felt like a little holiday in the countryside, and I happily recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Voyageur613

Thank you very much for your sincere and positive review. It's very nice to hear that everything has been as desired. I would also like to thank you for your feedback regarding our rooms and facilities. With this feedback you give us the opportunity to bring the service and quality of the hotel to a higher level. I hope we can welcome you soon again at Mercure Airport!

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. The staff were very helpful and polite. Location isn't great because taxis are expensive in Amsterdam but that's not the hotels fault. We had complimentary mini bar which was very nice and got refilled everyday. Me and my girlfriend really enjoyed the bed tho. It was the biggest bed ever and and soooo soft we had the best sleeps. (Think we had a privilege room, not sure tho) I'm a mercure fan anyway as iv stayed with them in Manchester England. But the one in Amsterdam made me wana use them all the time now.

• Stayed: May 2014

Thank you very much for your positive review! I will pass your compliments on to our staff. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Very nice hotel. Good service, clean rooms. The staff is very friendly, large rooms with plenty of daylight. Shuttle buses to Schiphol airport were in time. I would recommend Mercure Amsterdam Airport to my friends.

• Stayed: July 2013
MercureAir, Front Office Manager at Mercure Amsterdam Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you so much for your good review! I will pass the compliment on to all of our staff. I hope we can welcome you soon again in Mercure Amsterdam Airport.