Hotel Okura Amsterdam
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$307
  • Breakfast included
US$251
US$206
  • Restaurant
Ibis Amsterdam Centre Stopera(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$201
US$274
The Toren(Amsterdam)
US$365
  • Restaurant
XO Hotels Couture(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$142
US$324
US$226
Orbitz.com
2,706 results
All reviewsciel bleuserre restaurantteppanyaki restaurantmichelin starred restaurantshealth clubpillow menuexecutive floorcorner roomturn down servicede pijpcity centretop floorfive star hoteljunior suitebeautiful hotelrooftop barnespresso machine
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This was my favorite of the four hotels we stayed at on this trip. I loved this hotel!

First of all, all of the staff we came into contact with were wonderful and helpful. They made us feel like they wanted us to be there.

The rooms were awesome. Ours was a good sized standard room with corner view that included 2 pretty huge floor to ceiling windows, a large flat screen television, Nespresso machine, a comfortable club chair and separate tube and shower. The bed was comfortable and the internet was fast. I loved the nightly turn down service. Honestly, I was sad to leave.

The location could have been better as it is in a very quiet neighborhood and took 10 - 20 minutes to get to the heart of the city. But there is a tram stop very near the hotel and with a little practice we were able to get around Amsterdam very easy.

The hotel has a lot of great restaurants and we in three of them which I will review separately.

Needless to say, that this hotel will be on the top of the list the next time we are in Amsterdam.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hopebh
Reviewed 21 June 2014

In Amsterdam for big convention at RAI and business meetings and party at hotel. All of the staff were very nice, professional, and accommodating in the planning stages of our events and to all of my "spur of the moment" needs. Within walking distance to RAI, to museum district, and other parts of the city. Easy access to train to get to older part of town. Very nice location on one of the canals in a quieter part of the city -- not the hustle/bustle noisy part of the central city, which makes it a great place to relax after a long day at the conference. Room was one of the nicest I have ever stayed; service was great. Highly recommend to anyone visiting Amsterdam on business or pleasure.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Patricia J
Reviewed 20 June 2014

The room was decorated beautifully and was cleaned twice a day. The ability to open/close the curtains, lights with the ease of a button was indeed helpful. The bathroom was "SPA" like with all the amenities and towels. The staff exhibited the ultimate professionalism at all times. The staff took the time, patience, and helpfulness in making my stay at the Hotel Okura Amsterdam a wonderful experience. I can't wait to return to Amsterdam and stay at the Hotel Okura Amsterdam.

Room Tip: Rooms are decorated beautifully, with the ultimate cleanliness and with access to WIFI
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Sarah Z
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is a wonderful hotel, somewhere between a high-end business hotel and a luxury resort. With it's Japanese and Dutch influences, it's more practical than luxury hotels in Paris or London, but it's also more practically priced. I thought my room and hotel experience here represented excellent value and should have cost twice what it did. Free internet, water at turn down, and a really well equipped and well staffed gym.

The amazing aspect of this hotel is it's restaurants, the 2 star french restaurant in particular. It's amazing and is reason enough to stay here. Everything about my meal was exceptional.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Gandaratravels
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed here as part of a group, with a conference at the RAI, which takes about 10-15 minutes on foot. There isn’t an easy way to get there by public transport, by the time you’ve walked to the Number 4 tram, you’d be just about there anyway. The Number 4, however, is very useful for getting into town.

For a five star hotel, I was completely amazed at how shambolic the breakfast was on our first morning – one of our group ordered tea which didn’t arrive for over 20 minutes, after many nudges to the waiting staff. My coffee was also forgotten on the last day, until I reminded them. Having said that, the range and quality of food was what you would expect from this class of hotel, and the miso soup is certainly not to be missed, nor are the little pots of fruit salad. I didn’t have too much of the hot food as it wasn’t always particularly hot, especially the potatoes.
One morning, the main restaurant was too busy, so they opened the restaurant overlooking the canal, which was far nicer and the service exceptional. Coffee/tea came very quickly, as did any special requests from the main restaurant. I ordered pancakes with bacon, but was rather disappointed to get French style crèpes, rather than Dutch style pancakes.

We weren’t given an option to upgrade, so our room (803) was fairly standard, yet hardly basic – however, the rain shower was particularly nice and the bed very comfortable indeed. Unfortunately, time didn’t allow us to go to the 23rd floor for a drink or a meal. It was nice having a Nespresso machine (a kettle would have done the trick also!) Our coffee pods weren’t replenished one day, and only reappeared in the evening, despite ringing for them and being told they would be there immediately. 30 minutes later, I made a cup of tea instead – luckily I don’t take milk in my tea (or coffee), so didn’t mind this not being provided. Wifi was good (and free, as long as you didn’t want to download too much), but the television didn’t have an alarm or snooze function which was a little bit of a nuisance. Obviously you can ask for a wake up call from reception, and I suppose there’s a way of doing it on the phone, but didn’t check that out as we used our mobile phone.

The room is on a corner, giving two nice big windows, one side gave a partial view of Museumplein in the distance, the other was to the south, so you could see the RAI in the distance. Space is at a premium in Amsterdam, so, although not large by American standards, you can find much smaller rooms around the city! I slept on the side towards the door, so could occasionally hear the lift dinging, which was a huge surprise in a five star hotel – apart from that, the room was very quiet. The hotel is set away from the road, so there is certainly no traffic noise, unlike hotels nearer the centre!

In the evening, there is a turndown service, always a bit of a pointless exercise in my opinion, especially as there wasn’t a biscuit/chocolate on the pillow!

I also made use of the spa, but was surprised to be charged €15, especially as there was only a swimming pool, Jacuzzi and sauna area. With the hotel having a Japanese style, I was surprised that there wasn’t a Japanese style bath, rather than a European one.

Would I stay here again? Well, as much as it was fine and its location was certainly great for the RAI centre, if we were in Amsterdam for leisure, then there are better located hotels giving the same level of comfort.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business