2,856 results
All reviews ciel bleu serre restaurant teppanyaki restaurant michelin starred restaurants health club pillow menu corner room executive floor turn down service de pijp city centre five star hotel top floor junior suite beautiful hotel rooftop bar business trip
Reviewed 20 September 2017

This hotel is simply the best! Great restaurants, amazing food, best service, amazing views, wonderful rooms, cleanness and comfort. We loved the place. The location is not very far from the center. Truly luxurious hotel!

Room Tip: higher floor with good view.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
HotelOkuraAmsterdam, General Manager at Hotel Okura Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to fill in your comments on TripAdvisor and share your very positive experiences with us about you recent stay at Hotel Okura Amsterdam. This is much appreciated and works very motivating for our team members!

We are always trying to exceed the expectations of our guests and it is extremely rewarding to receive positive feedback about our restaurants, service, views and the rooms. I am very happy to hear that you have experienced the high level of service we set out to deliver to our guests throughout their stay. Overall, great hearing you have found our hotel as, the best!

I truly hope we can welcome you back in a not too distant future. If you have any questions or remarks, please do not hesitate to contact us at any time.

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

One of the three best hotels in Amsterdam. Not cheap though. The room I had was nice, very clean but average. I expected more though. Also had a quarrel on a supposedly late cancellation fee that they charged me to which I objected. Breakfast and dinner places (Sazanka) are excellent. Location also excellent in the Zuid quarter.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
HotelOkuraAmsterdam, General Manager at Hotel Okura Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to fill in your comments on TripAdvisor and share your experiences with us about you recent stay at Hotel Okura Amsterdam.

We are always trying to exceed the expectations of our guests and it is extremely rewarding to receive positive feedback regarding your room and our restaurant Sazanka. Unfortunate to hear you have experienced the room as average, the identity Hotel Okura stands for is serenity and elegance.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

We spent 2 days at Okura before a river cruise. We were a little apprehensive when we found it was a fair distance to mid town but found the trams close and easy to use. There was a canal right along the hotel for a walk. We have nothing but positive things to say about the hotel, staff was friendly and helpful, included breakfast was great and rooms were very nice. We loved Amsterdam and would return to Okura.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Comments of our guests enable us to further improve our product and the services offered and are highly appreciated. Hereby I would like to thank you for sharing your experiences on TripAdvisor after your recent stay at Hotel Okura Amsterdam.

Great hearing you have only encountered positive aspects of our hotel. Like the friendly and helpful staff, the rooms and the continental breakfast. It is extremely rewarding to receive positive feedback for our staff.

Fantastic to hear you will return to our hotel, and that you have loved our city.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

We stayed for two nights and enjoyed the hotel. The room was comfortable and the bathroom excellent with the soaking tub. We found it convenient via tram to most major attractions and actually enjoyed taking public transportation. The hotel staff was attentive and excellent. We also enjoyed walking along the canal adjacent to the hotel. It was restful and reflective of Amsterdam.

Room Tip: Ask for a city view.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
HotelOkuraAmsterdam, General Manager at Hotel Okura Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to fill in your comments on TripAdvisor and share your positive experiences with us about you recent stay at Hotel Okura Amsterdam. This is much appreciated and works very motivating for our team members.

We are always trying to exceed the expectations of our guests and it is extremely rewarding to receive positive feedback about our rooms, referenced to comfort and an excellent soaking tub. I am very happy to hear that you have experienced the high level of service we set out to deliver to our guests throughout their stay. Furthermore, great hearing you liked our city!

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Our stay at Hotel Okura in Amsterdam was in conjunction with a Viking river cruise on the Rhine. The room we were given was quite nice and spacious however not without faults. Our luggage was brought up quickly but we discovered that there was only one luggage rack. We had been on a week long cruise and had four good sized pieces to accommodate so a couple pieces of luggage ended up on the floor. As we searched for an ice bucket, we called down to reception to find out that the only ice available was through room service--rather inconvenient. And, we discovered that there were no USB ports available to charge our phones and the only 110/115 electric service was located in the bathroom. The coffee machine in the room was difficult to figure out how to operate for these seasoned travelers even with the instructions that were available! Our two night hotel package was valued at $700 and included two breakfasts but due to the early flight that was prearranged, one breakfast consisted of food bagged "to go" and at 6:00am there wasn't a cup of coffee available anywhere in the hotel. We would sadly never recommend this hotel or this extended package to anyone. But we did love Amsterdam!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

It is very unfortunate to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Therefore I have read your review with your valuable feedback with great attention.

It is extremely unfortunate to read that your experience did neither meet your expectations nor our usual high level of quality. Therefore, I would like to express my sincerest apologies. I have discussed your scores and experiences with the involved department heads and we will look into this. I am sorry learning you did not had a cup of coffee with the breakfast box. We do have coffee to go, also this will be discussed with the involved department.

Once again my sincere apologies for the negative experience regarding the facilities. We appreciate the time you took to share your concerns. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any further assistance.