2,835 results
All reviewsciel bleuserre restaurantteppanyaki restaurantmichelin starred restaurantshealth clubpillow menucorner roomexecutive floorturn down servicede pijpcity centrefive star hoteltop floorjunior suitebeautiful hotelrooftop barnespresso machine
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed for 4 nights at this amazing hotel.

The room was just lovely with beautiful views over the city. The rooftop bar served brilliant cocktails looking out over Amsterdam.

We treated ourselves to room service at breakfast times a few times and even though it was pricey, it was definitely worth it. Would love to return at some point.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
HotelOkuraAmsterdam, General Manager at Hotel Okura Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for sharing your experiences on TripAdvisor after your recent stay at Hotel Okura Amsterdam. Compliments of guests reaches our staff and it is working very motivating.

I am delighted to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us and I am most grateful to receive your very positive feedback. It is great hearing you have had 4 amazing nights here, with a lovely room and the special views of the city. Also great hearing the cocktails worked our perfect for you in our Twenty Third bar, as well as the room service for breakfast.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back with us in the near future since you would love to return to us.

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Somehow the choice for this 5 star establishment can only rightfully be made when the traveler makes full use of the excellent Japanese and French restaurants in this hotel. If not, the traveler will be disappointed. It simply cannot match the Japanese perfection the hotel's name implies. The service level is average, the decor dated and there are some serious issues: the airconditiong is noisy with faulty switch panels, the light system is hard to operate and malfunctioning, strange sounds from the elevator shafts. The top floor bar is hot and with uncomfortable, even akward seating, and its pundits clad in t-shirts and jeans; the presence of a security official adds a sinister touch to the place: what is expected to happen there? Today there are much better 5 star hotels in Amsterdam and at the Okura one can see that in the past for too long they were the only truly 5 star hotel in the city. These days are over, the hotel did not manage to keep up and now they have to rely on package tour tourists and on the gourmands that come for a perfect Japanese or French dinner and don't want to drive home thereafter. If is a pity because we always had a weak spot for the Okura.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 945hjv

Dear Guest,

It is very unfortunate to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Therefore I have read your review with your valuable feedback with great attention.

It is extremely regrettable to read that your experience regarding the service, décor and other issues did neither meet your expectations nor our usual high level of quality. Therefore, I would like to express my sincerest apologies. I have discussed your scores and experiences this morning with the involved department heads and we will look into this. I would highly like to get in contact with you, in order to know more about your recent stay.

Once again my sincere apologies for the negative experience regarding the facilities. We appreciate the time you took to share your concerns. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any further assistance on feedback@okura.nl.

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed five nights at this beautiful hotel. It is positioned in a lovely area on a canal. It is a good 20 minute walk
Into the Central part of Amsterdam. However I am happy to walk and get those steps up when on holidays and it's a good way to discover Amsterdam. Fortunately the hotel is surrounded by trendy cafes with outdoor seating and restaurants. The rooms are spacious and all the wood makes it really appealing and quite masculine. We had lovely views from our room. The coffee maker was a nice touch. The hotel breakfast was great and the hotel has some really amazing restaurants. The bar area is slovenly spot for an afternoon drink. The pool, spa, sauna/steam rooms and fitness area are outstanding! We loved our stay at this absolutely beautiful hotel.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
HotelOkuraAmsterdam, General Manager at Hotel Okura Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2017

Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to hear you loved your stay with us and I am most grateful to receive your very positive feedback, which I will happily share with the team. It is great seeing your compliments regarding the spacious room, and of course the unique view. Moreover, good to see you have enjoyed our Nagomi Health & Spa.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back with us in the near future.

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

Excellent, professionally run, well maintained hotel. Not very centrally located, but it is located in a lovely non-tourist area and easy to reach central tourist sites by taxi. Room with 2 beds on 22nd floor with fabulous view of city and of good size for a European hotel. Staff always available and gym with pool of 1st class caliber. Didn't try their spa. Highly recommended.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
HotelOkuraAmsterdam, General Manager at Hotel Okura Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive words after you recent stay at Hotel Okura Amsterdam and as well for sharing your thoughts on TripAdvisor. This is much appreciated and works motivating for our team members.

I am glad hearing all these nice words regarding our hotel. The view from the 22nd floor is indeed very special and unique in Amsterdam. Especially thanks for the compliments on Nagomi Health, be aware these kind comments will reach our staff. Moreover, thank you for the recommendation!

I truly hope we can welcome you back in a not too distant future in order to show you our utmost care and attention.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

We stayed at the Okura for 2 nights prior to joining a Viking River Cruise. Although out of the downtown core we found the tram to be very efficient and easy to use. We arrrived early from a long flight and although we had to wait for a bit they got us our room very quickly. Our luggage arrived soon after and we were shown everything in our room in which he got us an extra luggage rack. I would have to agree with another review that the coffee machine was not easy to use so we didn't but the included breakfast was fantastic and offered anything you could want in a breakfast. The only thing I would have to say was a pain was the bathroom sink counter...as there wasn't one. Although the bathroom was very attractive, the sink took up the whole counter and there was no where to put any of your toiletries. But all in all a very good stay.

Room Tip: Room facing the canal.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
HotelOkuraAmsterdam, General Manager at Hotel Okura Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Dear Guest,

Comments of guests enable us to further improve our product and the services offered and are highly appreciated. Hereby I would like to thank you for sharing your experiences on TripAdvisor after your recent stay at Hotel Okura Amsterdam.

We are always trying to exceed the expectations of our guests and it is extremely rewarding to receive positive feedback regarding our staff and the included breakfast. Moreover, your feedback about the coffee machine and sink is appreciated, we will take a look.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back with us in the near future.